What's for Dinner Tonight? Join the Tea-obsessed Craze!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I had a sandwich, cheese and pickles, and a piece of fruit.Tonight, I am cooking a ham. It smells so good in here. :!) I was just thinking about how great it would be to have some blueberry poundcake for desert, but alas, I have none. I see all these great recipies posted by other members, so, I was wondering, what are you having for dinner tonight?Tonite mi mama cooked one of my best favorites: Beefy noodles. Which had with it mashed potatoes 'n gravy and some succulent steamed veggietables that I like and plus
Ivan Seeking said:
Well, since today is our 19th anniversary we were supposed to go out for a nice dinner. But guess what Tsu wants instead: Steak and cake. She says that she's on a rhyming diet - the newest thing I guess. :biggrin:
Happy Anniversary!

I guess oranges are off the menu?

Physics news on Phys.org
Huckleberry said:
I guess oranges are off the menu?
There is some zoobie food that rhymes, but they wouldn't want to eat it.

Oranges and cake...steak and oranges...?

nope, doesn't work. :biggrin:

shake and snake

Evo said:
shake and snake

ferret with carrots

taco bell?

snails and lobster tails
peanut brittle, a bag of skittles
scones and ice cream cones
pears and eclairs
baked potatoes and sliced tomatoes

music with this
http://www.nancymusic.com/Rhymetime.htm

Ivan Seeking said:
Well, since today is our 19th anniversary we were supposed to go out for a nice dinner. But guess what Tsu wants instead: Steak and cake. She says that she's on a rhyming diet - the newest thing I guess. :biggrin:

z-component said:
Finally a fad diet that makes sense! ;)

Happy Anniversary! And yes, I agree, that's the sort of diet I'd like to be on! :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Ivan, Congratulations man! :smile: And to Tsu, for putting up with you all these years. :biggrin:

Well as long as its not "shake and bake".

baked potatoes and sliced tomatoes
From where I come, tomato does not rhyme with potato - nor for the plural. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Tonights menu included a perenial favorite---Tomatoe soup. Not the goop that comes in a red and white Andy Warhol can either. Oh no, fresh homemade zest tomatoe soup with fresh cut chuves and lemon juice/zest blended into liven things up!

What goes better with soup than a sandwich? I can't conceive of anything going better with fresh zesty tomateo soup, so we---my wife and I---had Banh Mi sandwiches. Bahn Mi goes very well with the lemon in the soup---not as well as with Nuoc Cham, but close.

Bahn Mi is a Vietnames pork sandwich for those who are not inclined to google it but curious none the less and nuoc cham is a sweet dipping sauce also used as a spread sometimes on Bahm Mi.

Enjoy.

Thanks all. I consider our years of marriage proof that anything is possible! :biggrin:

Breakfast

What about breakfast?
It's the most important meal but I just can drink a cup of tea.Although my doctor told me drinking tea is dangerous for my health!

Astronuc said:
I cook just about every night - most times, nothing fancy - but quick stuff, since I have to cook for 4. After a days work, I don't want to get too involved in cooking. On the weekends, maybe something fancier if we don't get something from some place like Subway.
:biggrin:

Fascinating.

Lisa! said:
Although my doctor told me drinking tea is dangerous for my health!
Sounds like your doctor is a quack, unless you're drinking some weird type of toxic tea.

Evo said:
Sounds like your doctor is a quack, unless you're drinking some weird type of toxic tea.

Unless you're prone to kidney stones. Much to the dismay of my southern friend who loves her sweet iced tea, she's been cautioned to avoid tea because she's already had problems with kidney stones and something in tea can lead to kidney stones/make them worse (this doesn't apply to those herbal teas, just the regular black tea). I've never looked into why it's bad though.

Moonbear said:
Unless you're prone to kidney stones. Much to the dismay of my southern friend who loves her sweet iced tea, she's been cautioned to avoid tea because she's already had problems with kidney stones and something in tea can lead to kidney stones/make them worse (this doesn't apply to those herbal teas, just the regular black tea). I've never looked into why it's bad though.
It's the oxilates. "I had an oxalate stone. What type of diet should I follow? Do I need to avoid foods high in oxalate?"

If you have had a kidney stone that contains oxalate, some evidence (research) suggests that limiting high oxalate foods may help reduce your change of forming another oxalate stone. Foods that are high in oxalate include: peanuts, tea, instant coffee (more than 8 ounces a day), rhubarb, beets, beans, berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries, etc.), chocolate, Concord grapes, dark leafy greens, oranges, tofu, sweet potatoes and draft beer. Because the stone contains calcium and oxalate, you may also need to follow the calcium recommendations from the last question.

http://www.kidney.org/atoz/atozItem.cfm?id=41

Tea in general (and there are so many types of "tea" nowdays) is not hazardous to your health.

kidney.org? :biggrin:

yomamma said:
kidney.org? :biggrin:
Heh, that is funny, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. :biggrin:

:approve:___

I respect mt doctor!

Evo said:

In this case my doctor is right coz I feel bad when I drink tea.He told me just to drink weake tea provided that in the morning I eat st else before and 2 hours after or before any meal. :cry: and I don't have kidney problem. :cool:

but anyway,who cares about it :biggrin: "All people are crazy but in different ways!"
Let me to be crazy in this way.
I'm crazy about tea. :!)