A distillation procedure, product safe to drink?

In summary, the individual is attempting to create a distillation process using tap water and a can of pvc primer. The can contains a mixture of chemicals, including methlethylketone, cyclohexafone, tetrahydrofuran, and acetone. They plan to heat the can to evaporate any alcohols present. However, it is not safe to test the product on oneself without proper chemical testing. The individual is doing this because they believe their tap water contains toxins and their landlord has not addressed the issue. They plan to save up for a proper distillation setup in the future.
oldunion
Im attempting to make a distillation procedure with tap water so that i can drink it pure. I got a small can of pvc primer, i emptied it, and scrubbed it clean as best i could. Its sitting on a stop top right now getting as hot as it can possibly get so that all of the alcohols will evaporate. As listed on the can, its contents are:
methlethylketone 78-93-3
cyclohexafone 108-94-1
tetrahydrofuran 109-99-9
acetone 67-61-1

So will it be safe to distill water from this can and drink it?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
testing the product on yourself is generally an unsafe procedure, especially if you haven't performed the proper chemical tests to ensure that it's safe. No one in here is going to tell you to drink that water, if you're going to do it anyways, you should obtain a water testing kit and even go to your local university to obtain a GC/MS spectra or somethin (although it'll cost ya)

bah, the whole reason I am doing this is because i KNOW there are toxins in my tap water and my landlord has done nothing, and will do nothing. The can was cheeap. I will have to save up more than 9 dollars next time and buy a real teapot, atleast i have the vinyl hose ready.

1. What is a distillation procedure?

A distillation procedure is a method used to separate and purify liquids based on differences in their boiling points. This process involves heating a liquid to its boiling point, collecting the vapor, and then condensing it back into its liquid form.

2. Can any liquid be distilled?

Yes, most liquids can be distilled. However, some liquids may not be suitable for distillation due to their chemical properties or volatility.

3. How does distillation make a product safe to drink?

Distillation removes impurities and contaminants from a liquid, making it safe to drink. The process of boiling and condensing the liquid separates it from any harmful substances, resulting in a purer and safer product.

4. Is distilled water safe to drink?

Yes, distilled water is safe to drink. It goes through a distillation process, which removes impurities and contaminants, making it safe for consumption. However, it may lack essential minerals that are found in other types of water.

5. Are there any potential risks associated with drinking distilled products?

In general, distilled products are safe to drink. However, if the distillation process is not done properly, there is a risk of contamination. It is important to ensure that the equipment used in the distillation process is clean and properly maintained to avoid any potential risks.