Can mindfulness and music help me reach a state of bliss?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various methods of finding bliss and contentment in life. These include relaxed breathing, listening to pure music, prayer, and accepting things as they are. The speaker also mentions working for themselves and living a private life, as well as struggling with the expectations and behaviors of friends. They recommend reading a book called "Enchiridion" by Epictetus and try to empty their mind to find peace. The conversation ends with a question about the connection to exploring the supernatural.
Loren Booda
How have you realized a path to bliss, a glimpse beyond the ordinary?

Relaxed breathing calms me and places me in a natural flow. Pure music let's me remember past, profound emotions. Prayer sorts out the day and reassures me that, in the end, someone cares. My medicines demonstrate a miracle by allowing me to safely experience the deceptions of existence.

Physics news on Phys.org
A path to bliss? Yes, I work for myself now and live a very private life. With rare exception, normal people drive me nuts.

I have no trouble with my enemies. But my god damn friends... they are the ones that keep me walking the floors at night.
Oscar Levant

Last edited:
I have found bliss (I'd call it contentment) through acceptance of things. I recommend reading Enchiridion by Epictetus (its available online).

What does any of this have to do with "exploring the supernatural"?

I try to empty my mind, but it keeps getting full of fellings, thoughts and ideas to point of overflow.

What is the supernatural?

The supernatural refers to phenomena that are beyond scientific understanding and the laws of nature. This can include things like ghosts, spirits, psychic abilities, and supernatural events.

How do scientists explore the supernatural?

Scientists explore the supernatural through various methods such as conducting experiments, analyzing data, and using technology to gather evidence. They also collaborate with other experts in the field and incorporate different perspectives to gain a better understanding of the supernatural.

Is there any scientific evidence for the supernatural?

While there is no concrete scientific evidence for the supernatural, there have been numerous studies and experiments that suggest the existence of supernatural phenomena. However, more research and evidence are needed to fully understand and confirm the existence of the supernatural.

Can science explain the supernatural?

Science is constantly evolving and discovering new things, so it is possible that one day we may be able to explain the supernatural through scientific principles. However, as of now, the supernatural remains beyond the scope of scientific understanding.

How can exploring the supernatural benefit society?

Exploring the supernatural can benefit society by providing a deeper understanding of the world and our place in it. It can also help to debunk myths and superstitions, and potentially lead to new technologies and advancements. Additionally, exploring the supernatural can offer comfort and closure to those who have experienced supernatural events.