Someone show me the really vile prisoner abuse photos

• News
  • Thread starter member 5645
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
In summary, there is a lot of talk and speculation about the prisoner abuse photos, but they have not been made public. Some people claim to have seen them, but there is no concrete evidence. There are photos of dead detainees and soldiers giving a thumbs up in the same frame, but these do not seem to be the worst of the photos. There is also a video of a detainee being repeatedly slammed into a steel door, but again, this does not seem to be the most shocking photo. The British photos were found to be fake, but the American ones are believed to be authentic. The Pentagon is slowly releasing the photos, but not all of them have been made public yet. Some people are questioning the authenticity of the photos
studentx said:
Well Adam, i think this ends your credibility. Australia, a country that committed more warcrimes than America, is your home land.

While I fully enjoy you calling Adam out, do it in another thread please.

Physics news on Phys.org
Geez, what a petty discussion. Am I personally untrustworthy because of Abu Ghreib? Does it impair my judgement that Hitler or Idi Amin was a monster? Guilt by association is a despicable way to argue.

selfAdjoint said:
Geez, what a petty discussion. Am I personally untrustworthy because of Abu Ghreib? Does it impair my judgement that Hitler or Idi Amin was a monster? Guilt by association is a despicable way to argue.

Selfadjoint, i know your question is supposedly a rethoric one, but it really isnt. Absolutely, you are guilty for a very large group of ppl and you are associated to Abu Ghreib, Vietnam and Hiroshima. Not by me tho, and my attack on Adam was meant as a joke. I apoligize on my knees to Adam and zero.

studentx said:
Well Adam, i think this ends your credibility. Australia, a country that committed more warcrimes than America, is your home land.

1) How does the fact that I am aware of my own government's problems have any effect on anyone's credibility?

2) Why do you think anyone on this Earth would care about your opinion of anyone's credibility?

3) Can you address the topic in some rational manner?

4) Please list the war crimes of which you speak. Personally I know of some, but I won't help you out with it.

phatmonky said:
Try the google link, includes international news sites, personal pages, etc.
From your buddies at al jazeera as well ( http://www.google.com/search?num=10...all&q=shocking+abu+site:english.aljazeera.net )

Or are you trying to avoid that questions now?
Thus far, the only shock is because you expected the USA to cover their tracks better. And then you say you weren't shocked after that :rolleyes:

Try picking a single answer.

I have not avoided any questions. Try typing the truth for a change. Once again, I was not shocked by the actions in question. I have heard the news reporters mention the word, and I have seen you use the word.

Unless you have some evidence to support your assertion that I was shocked for some reason...? Nope, didn't think so.

Get back on topic, please.

phatmonky said:
While I fully enjoy you calling Adam out, do it in another thread please.

Um... he didn't. In case you haven't noticed, studentx is barely coherent at the best of times. I realize this post is not on topic, but please, studentx and phatmonky, I am asking you to stick to the topic.

Here you go I have more also. Read the cardboard.

Attachments

• vile.jpg
    vile.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 357
Adam said:
I have not avoided any questions. Try typing the truth for a change. Once again, I was not shocked by the actions in question. I have heard the news reporters mention the word, and I have seen you use the word.

Unless you have some evidence to support your assertion that I was shocked for some reason...? Nope, didn't think so.

Get back on topic, please.

Your assertion was that it's only USA news sources (don't make me quote it for you). I showed it wasn't.
SHOCKING is what the bulk of the world's large media is using to describe it. Politicians around the world are calling it shocking.
People on the BBC, and on personal pages (in that search) are callign it shocking.

So, why the shock? No one can answer this.

Ah, thanks for clarifying what you were trying to say.

Have you ever watched Parliament Question Time? If a Labour politician sneezes at the wrong time, looks left instead of right, says "girl" instead of "person", or whatever, the Liberal speaker says he is shocked and outraged.

Apart from that sort of thing, the USA has been pumping out gigwatts of PR for decades telling people what good guys they are. I don't know why anyone ever believed it, after the things that state has done, but they did it anyway. And if you tell people something often enough, they start to believe it, no matter how fanciful it may be. Thus the press can say they are shocked, when in truth they really know what's going on.