Challenging the Status Quo: Health Care Education

In summary: Once you've completed an undergraduate level course, you're ready for a graduate course, which will be more in-depth and will cover all the details of the topic. If you sign up for a course in say health care and your instructor says you may not question the current thinking on health care. doesn't that make sure the status quo is maintained and no new ideas will be forthcoming unless some well known name decides that a new idea is needed?Yes, it's a way to ensure that the status quo is maintained.
LitleBang said:
The point, science can't explain the mechanism of gravity except the all inclusive warping of space time. If someone has a logical explanation of the mechanism of gravity they are not allowed to post it here. Doesn't that mean only the established experts can post new ideas? That guarantees that no arm scientist stumbles across something new.
No, it guarantees no armchair scientist first announces their discovery here. This isn't the place for that anyway*! If someone truly has discovered something noteworthy, they need simply to write a scholarly paper on it and submit it to journals for publication. That's how new science is done. It isn't done on internet forums.

*If you see that as a drawback of physicsforums, so be it. We don't and we have a very good reason for that: we've tried it the other way and it didn't work!

Physics news on Phys.org
LitleBang said:
The point, science can't explain the mechanism of gravity except the all inclusive warping of space time. If someone has a logical explanation of the mechanism of gravity they are not allowed to post it here. Doesn't that mean only the established experts can post new ideas? That guarantees that no arm scientist stumbles across something new.

The point is, I really don't think you can have even a theory, not to mention a explanation to that until you are way past graduate physics.

You can of course post anything , any theory, the internet is the new media, all the rage in self publishing, but be prepared to face the consequences. And since humans ain't so nice to their fellows this may include some laughs youll never see the end of it.

If you believe you got all the data , your equations are consistent , your new theory fits with observations , then by all means please write a paper.

russ_watters said:
You misread: I said got to his phd thesis.

I didnt misread, but it seems my command of English language is very poor. "On the fly" translation in my head was wrong. I associated it with successful defense of a thesis.

What can I say, one pays for lack of attention to detail. Thanks for pointing it to me.

Well if English isn't your first language, you fooled me - so don't worry about it. It's a small error.

Thread locked.

If somebody has questions or objections about the rules at PF, the proper forum to post in is "Forum Feedback & Announcements". It wasn't stated clearly in Post #1 if this is an objection to PF policy, or just what the objection is.

There are venues for developing new theories, PF is not one of them because we do not have the resources to do it properly. It is a place to learn and discuss the current understanding of science, math, and technology.

Final note, the objection about not allowing personal theories at PF is not a new one, but we do have reasons for it and I think most of the membership realizes and appreciates the benefit of that rule.

Last edited: