Flex's Sad Story: Girlfriend Chooses Family Over Love

• Thread starter FlexGunship
  • Start date
In summary, my girlfriend was supposed to move in with me this Friday but her ex-boyfriend convinced her parents to allow her back into their lives if she agreed to marry him. Yesterday she texted me to say that she wasn't going to miss a chance to be with her family for anything and that she was breaking up with me.
Flex, we told you to stay away from emotionally damaged women. There is a good chance that she will have problems going back to a sick, abusive environment and come back to you for a while to regroup, then leave you again.

DON'T DO IT!

Get away.

Start looking for NORMAL, MENTALLY STABLE, women that aren't victims of abuse.

But I think you can't do it, because you enjoy the sick way these women need you and want to provide for you because of their history of abuse and their need to please.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
FlexGunship said:
Okay, this isn't really cathartic at all anymore. Maybe we could be done? Kind'a' wish I hadn't shared.

Jean-Paul Satre got it about right: "Hell is other people".

Still, very few people actually die from broken hearts. Twelve months from now you will probably feel rather different about it. And if it wasn't as "real" as you think it is, you will feel different a lot quicker than that.

FlexGunship said:
Okay, this isn't really cathartic at all anymore. Maybe we could be done? Kind'a' wish I hadn't shared.

Sorry you're going through this :frown:. I hope things look better after a good night's sleep.

Evo said:
Flex, we told you to stay away from emotionally damaged women. There is a good chance that she will have problems going back to a sick, abusive environment and come back to you for a while to regroup, then leave you again.

DON'T DO IT!

Get away.

Start looking for NORMAL, MENTALLY STABLE, women that aren't victims of abuse.

But I think you can't do it, because you enjoy the sick way these women need you and want to provide for you because of their history of abuse and their need to please.

+1.I thought flex is fuming with immature girls and their friends :biggrin:

rootX said:
I thought flex is fuming with immature girls and their friends :biggrin:

Am I really the only one seeing this as a 2 month fling that got too serious too quick?

I'm sorry if it's harsh but I must ask, after such a short time are you sure it was really a good move to start considering moving in together? Were you really that emotionally involved? Did you really know each other that well? Or have I completely missed something and was this over a longer term?

Again, don't want to be so blunt, but I feel someone here has to ask these questions. As much as I want to give you a pat on the back and tell you not to worry, things will get better, I don't think it reflects my feelings towards this very well at all.

(I've decided I'm taking a 'straight up' approach to things from now on and just calling it like I see it.)

There seems to be a lot of missing information that may skew perceptions.

Does this equate to asking for a mod to lock the thread, or do you just need time out?

Am I really the only one seeing this as a 2 month fling that got too serious too quick?

Perhaps given the sensitive nature of the event you could temper 'straight up' and re-word aggressive comments like 'fling' (since there seems to be a strong emotional attachment, which is contrary to the premise of a fling) by replacing it with 'relationship', which seems more appropriate (to me anyway).

FlexGunship said:

OK, I will close this, but I will just add one comment:

Miss Right can't get to you if Miss Wrong is still in the way.

Think it over. :smile: