Spherical coordinates triple integral

In summary, the problem is to find the triple integral over T using spherical coordinates. The given boundaries are 0<=x<=1, 0<=y<=sqrt(1-x^2), and sqrt(x^2+y^2)<=z<=sqrt(2-(x^2+y^2)). To solve this, we can use the relations between Cartesian and spherical coordinates and the Jacobian r²sin(phi).
brad sue
Hi,

Please can someone help me with this problem:

find the triple integral over T( using spherical coordinate)

T: 0<=x<=1
0<= y<=sqrt(1-x^2)
sqrt(x^2+y^2)<= z <= sqrt(2-(X^2+y^2))

please help me just to find the boundaries of the integrals.
I tried but I did not find the solution of the textbook. ( because I set the wrong triple integral) I also tried to draw a picture but ...nothing

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Use the relations between Cartesian (x,y,z) and spherical coordinates ([itex]r,\theta,\phi[/tex]) to substitute for x, y and z:

[tex]x=rsin(\phi)cos(\theta)[/tex]
[tex]y=rsin(\phi)sin(\theta)[/tex]
[tex]z=rcos(\phi)[/tex]

where phi is the angle between a vector and the z-axis. theta is the angle between the projection on the x,y plane ad the x-axis.

Also don't forget your Jacobian, in this case being r²sin(phi).

1. What are spherical coordinates?

Spherical coordinates are a system of coordinates used in three-dimensional space to describe the position of a point using a distance (r) from the origin, an angle (θ) from the positive z-axis, and an angle (φ) from the positive x-axis.

2. How do you convert between spherical and Cartesian coordinates?

To convert from spherical coordinates (r, θ, φ) to Cartesian coordinates (x, y, z), use the following equations:
x = r * sin(θ) * cos(φ)
y = r * sin(θ) * sin(φ)
z = r * cos(θ)

3. How do you set up a triple integral in spherical coordinates?

In spherical coordinates, the triple integral is written as ∭f(r, θ, φ) dV, where r is the distance from the origin, θ is the angle from the positive z-axis, φ is the angle from the positive x-axis, and dV is the volume element (r^2 sin(θ) dr dθ dφ).

4. What are the limits of integration for a triple integral in spherical coordinates?

The limits of integration for a triple integral in spherical coordinates depend on the shape and boundaries of the region being integrated. The distance (r) typically ranges from 0 to a maximum value, θ usually ranges from 0 to π, and φ ranges from 0 to 2π.

5. How do you solve a triple integral in spherical coordinates?

To solve a triple integral in spherical coordinates, first set up the integral with the appropriate limits of integration. Then, use the conversion equations to rewrite the integrand in terms of r, θ, and φ. Finally, evaluate the integral using techniques such as substitution or integration by parts.