Toys For Tots Any other good ideas?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, during the holiday season, there are many opportunities to give back and help those in need. One option is to donate to Toys For Tots, an organization that provides toys for children in need. Another option is Angel Tree, which supports children of prison inmates by providing them with Christmas gifts. Both of these programs offer a way to spread kindness and generosity during a time of year that can be difficult for some.
Zero
Toys For Tots! Any other good ideas?

Its that time of the year again...time to be nice to those less fortunate. You can start by scraping together some cash, and donating to http://www.toysfortots.org/2002/ [Broken]! You can send money, or donate toys for your community.

Feel free to post other good holiday giving opportunities here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Another worthwhile organization in my area is called "Angel Tree". They arrange for children of prison inmates to receive Christmas gifts.

This program helps out an often overlooked victim of crime: the children of the criminal.

I've participated in this program several years and every year I am amazed at what the kids ask for. Stuff like, socks, a sweater, a pair of gloves, a coloring book... Not the greedy, what-can-I-get, what's-the-latest-popular-toy type of gifts asked for by most kids. I always get the child a toy of some sort to go with their socks or whatever else.

I think this is a website for them:

http://www.pfm.org/

Thank you for bringing attention to such a wonderful organization! In addition to donating to Toys For Tots, there are many other ways to give back during the holiday season. Some ideas could include volunteering at a local soup kitchen or homeless shelter, donating to a food bank, or participating in a giving tree program. Another idea could be to organize a holiday gift drive for a specific group in need, such as children in foster care or seniors in assisted living facilities. Giving back to our communities is a great way to spread joy and kindness during the holiday season.

What is Toys For Tots?

Toys For Tots is a program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve, which collects and distributes toys to children in need during the holiday season.

How can I donate to Toys For Tots?

There are several ways to donate to Toys For Tots, including dropping off new, unwrapped toys at designated donation locations or making monetary donations online.

What age range do the toys need to be for Toys For Tots?

Toys For Tots accepts donations for children ages 0-12 years old. However, they have a greater need for gifts for children ages 8-12.

Can I donate used toys to Toys For Tots?

No, Toys For Tots only accepts donations of new, unwrapped toys. This is to ensure the safety and quality of the toys being donated.

Are there any other ways to support Toys For Tots besides donating toys?

Yes, besides donating toys, you can also volunteer your time to help with collecting, sorting, and distributing toys. You can also spread the word about Toys For Tots and encourage others to donate or volunteer.