Integrate Fun Math Challenges for New Year's Celebration

In summary: This cannot be correct. The sum of the squares of the coefficients must be zero:\int_{-1}^{+1} (1)(1)(1)(1) d(cos{\theta})=2...This cannot be correct. The sum of the squares of the coefficients must be zero:\int_{-1}^{+1} (1)(1)(1)(1) d(cos{\theta})=2...
mathwonk said:
why do i feeel i am talikng to billy criystal?

talikng?, Do you mean "talking"?:wink:
criystal?, Do you mean "cristall", "crystal" or what?:confused:
Mathwonk, I hope you spelt this one right:blushing: , are you a comedian by any chance? I must admit, you made me laugh:rofl: :rofl:

You think this thread is turning to a one-man-show. Yes, so what? This does not bother me because many people, I believe, have gained some useful mathematical tricks from this (hot) thread. And this makes me happyo:)
Look, if you can not do the integrals, you could, either ask questions or don't reply to the posts.:mad:
I remember, I spent four hours trying to do the last integral. So, it is not a shameful thing, if you can not do it! But again, the problem is you call yourself mathwonk and you are supposed to be a science advisor:tongue2: :yuck:
Ok, mathwonk-science advisor, I consider myself lucky, for I will never need your advice.:devil:

Byeeee

sam

Physics news on Phys.org
samalkhaiat said:
talikng?, Do you mean "talking"?:wink:
criystal?, Do you mean "cristall", "crystal" or what?:confused:
Mathwonk, I hope you spelt this one right:blushing: , are you a comedian by any chance? I must admit, you made me laugh:rofl: :rofl:
You think this thread is turning to a one-man-show. Yes, so what? This does not bother me because many people, I believe, have gained some useful mathematical tricks from this (hot) thread. And this makes me happyo:)
Look, if you can not do the integrals, you could, either ask questions or don't reply to the posts.:mad:
I remember, I spent four hours trying to do the last integral. So, it is not a shameful thing, if you can not do it! But again, the problem is you call yourself mathwonk and you are supposed to be a science advisor:tongue2: :yuck:
Ok, mathwonk-science advisor, I consider myself lucky, for I will never need your advice.:devil:
Byeeee
sam
The job of an advisor is not to answer any challenge problem (or show-off) problem. Their job is to help individual who has difficulty in certain field (since this is a Sciences/Maths forum.) Since all your difficulties of these questions have been solved by yourself, I personally don’t think that they are responsible to answer solved problem of yours. If you really have difficulty to do your homework or make an important decision of your life, I am sure they are more than happy to give you advice.

Sorry for my broken English :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think this thread is about done.