Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
In summary: Today. :rolleyes:In summary, the answer to all questions is that the answer may not be a refusal to answer, or a change of subject, and the answer must be true with regard to the question being asked.
PIT2
What is the answer to all questions? Does it exist?

Rules:

-the answer may not be a refusal to answer, or a change of subject
-the answer must be true with regard to the question being asked
-the answer must be less than 100 words long
-the answer may not be a question itself
-the answer must be in english

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
addendum
- the answer must not be simply 42

Would...

"That would be an ecumenical matter!"

count? :tongue:

...To be honest "I don't know" unless the question happens to be something i do know like "what is your name?" but i can't be sure of what my name is, i might of had amnesia and been told my name was something it's not and believed it. I guess what I'm trying to say is there's always the possibility that my mind has been tricked so i can't be sure of anything.

Last edited:
sanitykey said:
...To be honest "I don't know" unless the question happens to be something i do know like "what is your name?" but i can't be sure of what my name is, i might of had amnesia and been told my name was something it's not and believed it. I guess what I'm trying to say is there's always the possibility that my mind has been tricked so i can't be sure of anything.

"Can u see?"

"I don't know" = not true!

PIT2 said:
What is the answer to all questions? Does it exist?

Rules:

-the answer may not be a refusal to answer, or a change of subject
-the answer must be true with regard to the question being asked
-the answer must be less than 100 words long
-the answer must be in english

The answer to all questions, is the question, does the question force you to interpret what the meaning is?

addendum
- the answer may not be a question itself

And besides it changes the subject so it would have been disqualified anyway.

PIT2 said:
addendum
- the answer may not be a question itself

Then you should add this to your list.

And besides it changes the subject so it would have been disqualified anyway.

Does it? edit: The answer to all questions is the answer.:rolleyes:

Rader said:
Does it? edit: The answer to all questions is the answer.:rolleyes:

Good job :smile:

I hadnt thought of that one, mine was "the truth".

PIT2 said:
mine was "the truth".

That wouldn't work. Consider the question "What is the content of Mein Kampf?"

selfAdjoint said:
That wouldn't work. Consider the question "What is the content of Mein Kampf?"

The truth stands for the true answer to that question.
So even if the question is "what is a lie", then the true answer to that question is still the true answer to that question.

PIT2 said:
Good job :smile:

I hadnt thought of that one, mine was "the truth".

Check rule two with your answer. Can we make the claim that knowledge does not change over time? If not then all answers are true and false.

Rader said:
Check rule two with your answer. Can we make the claim that knowledge does not change over time? If not then all answers are true and false.

Rule 2 states that the answer must be true. How can the true answer not be true?

And what do u mean with the changing of knowledge over time?

How about " Please repeat the question ."

It isn't a refusal, less than 100 words long and in English , is true with regard to the question being asked, and is not a question (a request) in itself either.

Arun

arunbg said:
How about " Please repeat the question ."

It isn't a refusal, less than 100 words long and in English , is true with regard to the question being asked, and is not a question (a request) in itself either.

Arun

It is a response, but not an answer to the question.

PIT2 said:
It is a response, but not an answer to the question.

Well, in that case rule no 1 would be unnecessary, since all the constraints stated would have been "responses" as well .
Perhaps the OP should make the conditions clearer.

I think the rules are good for now. Ur response doesn't survive rule number 2, it is not true w.r.t. the question being asked.

PIT2 said:
Rule 2 states that the answer must be true. How can the true answer not be true?

It’s not true when you give the wrong answer.

And what do u mean with the changing of knowledge over time?

Consider the question where is the Earth? These are all true answers it just depends on when you ask the question. If you go outside of the timefame you ask the question the answers are false.

01-The Earth is nowhere it is not created yet. 5BY<BC
02-The first ape to jump out of a tree said under my feet. 5MY<BC
03-The Earth is standing still the sun, moon and stars revolve around it. 2,000BC.
04-The Earth is moving around the sun along with the other planets and the stars are fixed in the sky. 1500AD
05-The Earth is moving around the sun while it moves around the centre of our galaxy. 1920?
06- The Earth is moving around the sun around our galaxy and at the same time around a local group galaxy ect ect. 1950?
07- Besides all this if you calculate all the moving around in circles it is a strait line, not only that, what was once true is that, wherever the Earth is moving it is doing it faster and faster as time goes by. 2006

So you see the answer to all questions is the answer. So this way you evade lying or not telling the truth there is no true answer. If you say that the true answer is the truth, you will have to add to your list that the questions must be answered in an instant, in exactly the same time that it was asked.

I think I know the answer. Metaphorically "the answer" is the answer. However, actually the answer to all questions is as follows, : "The one thing I know, is that I do not know."
the addendum, ("the one thing I know"), truthfully answers the question, "Do you see?"
We assume we know the answer, but can never prove it. Perhaps this is why the oracle at Delphi called Socrates "The wisest of all men."

Metaphorically; "The answer" is the answer.
Technically; You can't answer all questions with one answer, each question needs individual answers.

Hey just try asking a dead guy if he's alive. Don't expect an answer.

An answer to all quesetions will in particular answer undecidable questions, which is impossible. Note that the answer "this question is undecidable" is the answer to the question "is this question decidable" and not to the question itself.

"The one thing I know, is that I do not know."
the addendum, ("the one thing I know"), truthfully answers the question, "Do you see?"

How does "the one thing i know" truthfully answer "do u see?"? :biggrin:
Its no different from "im hungry", so it changes the subject.

Also the statement "the one thing i know, is that i do not know" is a paradox.

Rader said:
So you see the answer to all questions is the answer. So this way you evade lying or not telling the truth there is no true answer. If you say that the true answer is the truth, you will have to add to your list that the questions must be answered in an instant, in exactly the same time that it was asked.

U mean that "the answer to all questions" contains all answers on every moment in time?
Does it then not also contain the incorrect answer?

But, "the truth" refers to the true answer no matter when it is asked. If u ask the question a second later, the answer "the truth" will still refer to the correct answer.

PIT2 said:
How does "the one thing i know" truthfully answer "do u see?"? :biggrin:
(referencing post #4)
ADDING "the one thing thing I know" before "that I do not know" changes simply saying "I don't know" from a possibly untrue statement to a true statement.
Its no different from "im hungry", so it changes the subject.
How does it change the subject? If the context of the OP in which the topic is a hypothetical answer to all questions and obeys your criteria, then when you further ask "Do you see?" It is a valid, accurate reply.:wink:
Also the statement "the one thing i know, is that i do not know" is a paradox.
Then prove you know something other than that one thing without making an assumption first. (are you assuming that you exist?)

octelcogopod said:
Metaphorically; "The answer" is the answer.
Technically; You can't answer all questions with one answer, each question needs individual answers.

The Question comes from the answer you already have..:rofl:

The questioner is the question,
The listener is the word :tongue2:

There seems nobody home

Hello!...

is there anybody in there?

just nod if you can hear me...

...is there anyone at home ?

RVBuckeye said:
(referencing post #4)
ADDING "the one thing thing I know" before "that I do not know" changes simply saying "I don't know" from a possibly untrue statement to a true statement.

But in case of the "do u see" question, the reply "the one thing i know, is that i do not know" does not refer to a correct answer. It merely changes the subject to "the one thing i know", and the part "that i do not know" does no longer refer to the original question. It only refers to the first part of the answer itself ("the one thing i know").

Its similar to this question and answer:
"are u hungry?"
"hungry people are hungry".

The answer is true, but does not apply to the question.

:smile:

Then prove you know something other than that one thing without making an assumption first. (are you assuming that you exist?)

How about this:

I know that the one thing i know, is that i do not know.

Last edited:
PIT2 said:
The answer is true, but does not apply to the question.:smile:

It is not only true, it applies to all questions (which is what you were originally expecting an answer to). It also is useful in avoiding further questioning from the questioner.:rofl:
Seriously, you are seeing it as only a statement and not an answer. But it's both.

How about this:

I know that the one thing i know, is that i do not know.
See what I mean? <I won't be asking you any more questions if you don't know anything>:biggrin:

Anyway, how does "i do not know" become a true answer to all questions?
Does a question care whether the answerer knows something or not? Is the existence of the correct answer dependent on the answerer and his shortcomings?

Is "i have a headache and can't think right now" a correct answer to the question "what is 1 + 1"?

Last edited:
(PIT2)

...Because its True :smile:

PIT2 said:
When the answerer is obligated to follow your conditions.
Does a question care whether the answerer knows something or not?
I doubt it, since a question is not a real "thing".
Is the existence of the correct answer dependent on the answerer and his shortcomings?
It appears so to me.
Is "i have a headache and can't think right now" a correct answer to the question "what is 1 + 1"?
If you do, in fact, have a headache, and can't think of the answer. It just might not be the answer the questioner was expecting.

Truthfully though, I really, really don't know. Can a question have multiple correct answers?

The Questions will end,

When you ask a Question.

...is your intellect blind ?

:rofl:

my gawd !

Ask Question !

The answer to all questions is True or False

<h2>1. What is the purpose of "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?</h2><p>The purpose of "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" is to provide a comprehensive understanding of how to approach and find answers to any question. It explores various methods and techniques for uncovering the truth and encourages critical thinking and analysis.</p><h2>2. Who can benefit from reading "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?</h2><p>This book is beneficial for anyone who wants to improve their critical thinking skills and learn how to find reliable information. It can be useful for students, researchers, professionals, and anyone interested in seeking the truth.</p><h2>3. What topics are covered in "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?</h2><p>The book covers a wide range of topics, including logic and reasoning, evidence evaluation, research methods, bias and fallacies, and the role of technology in finding the truth. It also delves into the importance of asking the right questions and how to approach sensitive or controversial topics.</p><h2>4. Are there any real-life examples or case studies included in the book?</h2><p>Yes, "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" includes numerous real-life examples and case studies to illustrate the concepts and techniques discussed. These examples come from various fields, including science, politics, and media, to provide a well-rounded understanding of how to uncover the truth in different situations.</p><h2>5. Can this book help me become a better critical thinker?</h2><p>Yes, "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" is designed to improve critical thinking skills. It provides practical tips and exercises to help readers develop a more analytical and logical approach to finding the truth. By the end of the book, readers should have a better understanding of how to evaluate information and make informed decisions based on evidence and reasoning.</p>

1. What is the purpose of "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?

The purpose of "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" is to provide a comprehensive understanding of how to approach and find answers to any question. It explores various methods and techniques for uncovering the truth and encourages critical thinking and analysis.

2. Who can benefit from reading "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?

This book is beneficial for anyone who wants to improve their critical thinking skills and learn how to find reliable information. It can be useful for students, researchers, professionals, and anyone interested in seeking the truth.

3. What topics are covered in "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions"?

The book covers a wide range of topics, including logic and reasoning, evidence evaluation, research methods, bias and fallacies, and the role of technology in finding the truth. It also delves into the importance of asking the right questions and how to approach sensitive or controversial topics.

4. Are there any real-life examples or case studies included in the book?

Yes, "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" includes numerous real-life examples and case studies to illustrate the concepts and techniques discussed. These examples come from various fields, including science, politics, and media, to provide a well-rounded understanding of how to uncover the truth in different situations.

5. Can this book help me become a better critical thinker?

Yes, "Uncovering the Truth: The Answer to All Questions" is designed to improve critical thinking skills. It provides practical tips and exercises to help readers develop a more analytical and logical approach to finding the truth. By the end of the book, readers should have a better understanding of how to evaluate information and make informed decisions based on evidence and reasoning.