Brass or Chrome: Which is the Better Choice for Brass Knuckles?

• Thread starter petery2k562
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chrome
In summary, the person is considering buying brass knuckles for self-protection in busy streets of Compton. They are aware that they are illegal in most states, including Illinois. They are asking for help in understanding the difference between brass and chrome options, and which one is better. They also mentioned a chrome-plated desert eagle airsoft gun, but it is not clear how it relates to their original question. It is mentioned that the discussion may be locked if it is about illegal activities. The person is also asked why they are asking this question on a physics forum.
petery2k562
I wanted to protect myself in the busy streets of compton, so i am thinking about buying brass knuckles. I know that they are illegal, and that it is ok in all the states, except illonois.Anyway the thing it comes with two choices, brass and chrome. So what's the difference and what's better? Thanks for helping.

Physics news on Phys.org
If they are illegal where you live, this thread will probably get locked. Please clarify, where YOU live, are they legal?

chrome plated desert eagle.

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/TM-DESERTEAGLE-CHROME.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
chrome plated desert eagle.

http://airsoftuk.co.uk/image.php?productid=16256 [Broken]
[/URL]
How would an airsoft gun help him? He isn't robbing a bank...:uhh::confused:

:biggrin:

EDIT: Lol, you just changed the picture as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Better in what way? Which is harder? Which is easier for clean peoples mashed faces off?

it legal where i live, and better as in longer lasting, doesn't crack, break, damage, etc. Thanks for the effort

I don't think you should have to worry about the durability of these, how many people do you plan on punching with them?:rofl: :rolleyes: Also, what made you think that physics forums was a good place to ask this?

This discussion is not appropriate for this forum.

1. What are the main differences between brass and chrome brass knuckles?

Brass and chrome brass knuckles differ primarily in their composition and appearance. Brass knuckles are made of brass, a copper and zinc alloy, while chrome brass knuckles are made of steel that has been coated with chromium. Brass knuckles tend to have a more yellowish color, while chrome brass knuckles have a shiny and silver appearance.

2. Which material is more durable for brass knuckles?

Both brass and chrome brass knuckles are strong and durable materials, but chrome brass knuckles may be more resistant to corrosion and wear over time due to the chromium coating. However, the durability of a brass knuckle ultimately depends on the quality and thickness of the material used.

3. Is one type of brass knuckle more effective for self-defense?

Both brass and chrome brass knuckles can be effective for self-defense, as they are designed to increase the impact and force of a punch. However, the effectiveness of a brass knuckle depends more on the user's strength and technique rather than the material it is made of.

4. Are there any safety concerns with using brass or chrome brass knuckles?

Yes, there are safety concerns with using brass or chrome brass knuckles. Both types of knuckles are classified as deadly weapons and are illegal in many places. Additionally, the increased force and impact of a punch with brass or chrome brass knuckles can cause serious injuries to both the user and the recipient.

5. Which type of brass knuckle is more affordable?

In general, brass knuckles are more affordable than chrome brass knuckles. This is because brass is a less expensive material than steel, and the process of coating steel with chromium adds to the cost. However, the price of both types of knuckles can vary depending on the quality and brand.