Iraq Photos: Injuries & Deaths Caused by US Bombs

• News
  • Thread starter rinard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
In summary, I saw photos on T.V of innocent Iraqi civilians being killed and injured by US bombs. I hope that people will start thinking with their conscious instead of their greed, and that the Americans administration is afraid of such pictures being spread around, because anti-war resentiment might rise again. I am fully aware of the innocent Iraqi civilians that are being injured and killed by US bombs, but that doesn't make me indifferent. Thoughts like this plague me every day.
rinard
I saw photos on T.V I hope pictures like this will spread around so that people will start thinking with their conscious instead of their greed. I also heard that the Americans administration is afraid of such pictures being spread around and anti-war resentiment might rise again. I'm fully aware that many innocent Iraqi civilians are being injured and killed by US bombs, and that's horrific. Honestly, thoughts like this plague me every day... I do not consider myself truly pro- or anti-war, but that does not make me indifferent.
I would advise anyone in here especially young and sensitive members if you go to these sites, are aware you are going to see dead people.

http://alsaha2.fares.net/sahat?14@183.a4OgkyQvll9.6@.1dd56cad [Broken]
http://alsaha2.fares.net/sahat?128@183.a4OgkyQvll9.7@.1dd576bc [Broken]
http://alsaha2.fares.net/sahat?128@183.a4OgkyQvll9.7@.1dd57887 [Broken]
http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-22-26.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sickening. What we're going into in Iraq makes 9/11 look average.

And people living in middle class suburbs wonder where terrorists comes from.

Remember the news video during the invasion? Baghdad in flames, explosions everywhere, as bombs and missiles came in all over the place? "Liberation".

as I said on the other board you posted this on:

Start the draft. I want to go a do a one year tour in Iraq. Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG.

I want to go a do a one year tour in Iraq. Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG.
And that, ladies and gents, says all we need to know about phatmonky.

Adam said:
And that, ladies and gents, says all we need to know about phatmonky.
Perhaps it's all you need to know about me to judge me, and that says an equal amount about you ,now doesn't it :)

I have no problem admitting that I would be proud to serve my country in Iraq. I have no problem admitting that the sight of the japanese hostages (and now others) and burned mutilated civilian contractors angers me in a fashion I can't possibly type out. Perhaps, nothing will ever move you to the point that you would take another person's life. But I am not you.

And so the cycle continues until the end of time.. retaliating crime with crime.. yeah, that is going to bring peace to this world..

Monique said:
And so the cycle continues until the end of time.. retaliating crime with crime.. yeah, that is going to bring peace to this world..
You got better ideas or suggestions? It's not like people haven't tried. :rolleyes:

You can act out of emotion or act by intellect..

To say you are going to go into a country and kill every single person who holds a gun is not going to resolve the underlying issue of why those people were holding guns. It is also going to raise a new generation who will hold guns because their peers were killed for holding a gun. How are you going to resolve that? Kill them because they hold guns? The original issue moves to the background and resolution is far out of sight.

I say find that original issue and resolve that (I know, easy to say, but it stands in contrast with "Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG").

"I have no problem admitting that I would be proud to serve my country in Iraq."
What would you be proud of? Serving your country in Iraq, what does that mean? You should rather say you'd be proud to serve the rebuild of Iraq.

The underlying issue of why these people are holding guns is that their leader wants dictatorial power. Admittedly, the deaths of innocent Iraqis and the presence of foreign troops both make it much, much easier for him to convince them to take up arms. Those leaders whose support is narrow but deep have reason to fear democracy.

Njorl

So if the people holding the guns are killed, will the political fear the country lives in go away? Ofcourse not, the only way these people will put down their guns is by taking away the anarchy.

phatmonky said:
Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG.

Think for a second about a good guy in Irak (there should be some, don't you think?). Now imagine you being that good guy, proud of your family and your country, even with its imperfections.

Then along comes a bombing and kills half your family. You would surely say "Anything (including using an RPG) I can do to kill just one of the guys coming in their F16 and Humvees."

That solves nothing, and just makes you a suitable piece for the conflict to continue.

Over there, both americans and (about ten times as many) irakis die or, maybe worse, are wounded and condemned to a miserable life; in the meantime, Halliburton executives get richer, and Bush has to face the unconfortable position of having to admit that the issue was "underestimated".

It makes me feel overwhelmingly sad. Really.

Sorry, I just find this funny. There is no intellectual stimulation to be found here. It's pure comedy. "I'd shoot 'em if I could!" Funny. Some of you hairless apes belong in the circus.

Monique said:
You can act out of emotion or act by intellect..

To say you are going to go into a country and kill every single person who holds a gun is not going to resolve the underlying issue of why those people were holding guns. It is also going to raise a new generation who will hold guns because their peers were killed for holding a gun. How are you going to resolve that? Kill them because they hold guns? The original issue moves to the background and resolution is far out of sight.

I say find that original issue and resolve that (I know, easy to say, but it stands in contrast with "Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG").

"I have no problem admitting that I would be proud to serve my country in Iraq."
What would you be proud of? Serving your country in Iraq, what does that mean? You should rather say you'd be proud to serve the rebuild of Iraq.

I'd lay my life down serving the noble cause of rebuilding Iraq. I'd equally lay down someone elses life as they derail that process through such disgusting acts as torture and hostage taking. I have no qualms about having any of the hostage takers put in front of a fire squad. I am somehow an ape, according to Adam (who professes that it is I who can't keep on intelligent conversation), but I would gladly do anything, including risking my life, to protect those Iraqis that wish to rebuild their country.

I would be proud of leaving Iraq better than we found, by which ever means that is.

Think for a second about a good guy in Irak (there should be some, don't you think?). Now imagine you being that good guy, proud of your family and your country, even with its imperfections.

Then along comes a bombing and kills half your family. You would surely say "Anything (including using an RPG) I can do to kill just one of the guys coming in their F16 and Humvees."
Do we need to have the body count conversation again guys? Arguing based on pictures or anecdotes is irrational. For every one of those guys who lost a family last year due to the war, there were ten who lost a family the year before the war as a result of living under a murderous dictator.

We have given the Iraqi people freedom and most are grateful. The ones who are holding the RPG's are the ones who never wanted freedom in the first place: they wanted to be a part of the murderous dictatorship that preceded it (or maybe religious fanaticism based terrorism). Yeah, I'd go over there to kill one of them too.

Monique said:
Do you know what that original issue is? Not to mention, could you find a way to resolve it?

What if the Indians rise up one day and beging to bomb Americans on American soil because they think that soil belongs to them? How would you resolve that issue, give them back their lands?

What's funny here is that people don't know who we are dealing with in Iraq and other terrorist hot spots. I don't believe it is possible to reason with these people, because if it were possible they would have tried to reason with us rather than send bombs and missiles.

Adam said:
Sorry, I just find this funny. There is no intellectual stimulation to be found here. It's pure comedy. "I'd shoot 'em if I could!" Funny. Some of you hairless apes belong in the circus.
Speaking of personal attacks...

ahrkron said:

That solves nothing, and just makes you a suitable piece for the conflict to continue.

Over there, both americans and (about ten times as many) irakis die or, maybe worse, are wounded and condemned to a miserable life; in the meantime, Halliburton executives get richer, and Bush has to face the unconfortable position of having to admit that the issue was "underestimated".

It makes me feel overwhelmingly sad. Really.
Idealogical differences are a *****. It is all just a matter of persective to some extent, but every one of those masked men with an RPG continues to endanger women and children by not fighting by the rules of war, and instead by cowardly hiding in crowds, and running. These people cannot be reasoned with, for they answer to no one. Each RPG represents a soon to be attempt on soldier, of civilian, life. If it comes down to it, I will gladly and happily remove the threat to those that are committed to rebuilding Iraq (something you simply cannot argue that the guy with the RPG is committed to)
Now, step to the hostage takers (the ones that anger me more than anything) - do you truly believe this is the common Iraqi, and thus this person can be reasoned via love, comfort, etc etc.? Of course not. And without the ability to reason with, they are a threat that has to be removed. Arrest them, kill them, it doesn't matter.

Adam said:

adam ad hominem

Just so I can find this in the future. :rolleyes:

phatmonky said:
as I said on the other board you posted this on:

Start the draft. I want to go a do a one year tour in Iraq. Anything I can do to kill just one of the guys holding an RPG.

Why wait for the draft? Put your money where your mouth is and go and enlist now.

Chemicalsuperfreak said:
Why wait for the draft? Put your money where your mouth is and go and enlist now.
I'm not looking to do my eight years right now. I'll be doing that after I finish college - hence, the want for a one year tour.

Adam said:
Some of you hairless apes belong in the circus.

What we have here is a problem with reading comprehension. Yes, reading comprehension people, I've had this problem before...

Ad hominem from Adam...

again.

Why is it that fundamentalist muslims can't seem to get along with anyone else? Why do they always make war on everyone? Why are they such an aggressive people? They buy weapons from all over the world and use them against their neighbors. This is nothing new, it's been going on for a long, long time.

These people can't even get along with each other. They gas people, shoot people, burn people alive, blow people up, hang people. They just love public executions. They love to kill. Death seems to be the answer to all of their problems. They kill hindus, jews, christians and everyone else they can get their hands on. Then when someone shoots back, all of a sudden they are victims. Oh my goodness! We're being persecuted! Let's take some pictures of our dead and wounded to show the world how we're being oppressed by the infidels.

These people are the worst war mongers on the planet. They are brutal, and have no mercy for anyone. They love to kill, and will do so for any reason that they can find - or invent.

Easy does it. We're seeing pictures of the convoys that were hit on 4/9. 3558 US soldiers dead or wounded, unknown number of US mercenaries & contractors. The neo-cons would have everyone believe that the guerilla warriors in Iraq are all the same kind of scum that hit us in 2001, but they're not.
If a foreign nation deposed President Bush and occupied our land with designs on our resources, some of us would take up arms against that nation (call it "France"). These people would be called terrorists by the "French," freedom fighters by "Fance's" enemies, and patriots by Americans.
Whatever. I think we got to get out of Iraq, and I don't think that it will lead to the destruction of Iraq if we do. To hell with the "super-bases" and oil fields.

schwarzchildradius said:
I think we got to get out of Iraq, and I don't think that it will lead to the destruction of Iraq if we do.

I don't give a **** if it does. Put Sadaam back in power, these people deserve him.

schwarzchildradius said:
Easy does it. We're seeing pictures of the convoys that were hit on 4/9. 3558 US soldiers dead or wounded, unknown number of US mercenaries & contractors. The neo-cons would have everyone believe that the guerilla warriors in Iraq are all the same kind of scum that hit us in 2001, but they're not.
If a foreign nation deposed President Bush and occupied our land with designs on our resources, some of us would take up arms against that nation (call it "France"). These people would be called terrorists by the "French," freedom fighters by "Fance's" enemies, and patriots by Americans.
Whatever. I think we got to get out of Iraq, and I don't think that it will lead to the destruction of Iraq if we do. To hell with the "super-bases" and oil fields.

Oh yes, the age old 'compare an elected government that will change in a maximum of 8 years to a brutal dictator whose end (via offspring) is nowhere in sight'... :rolleyes:

not quite an argument but... what the heck do you want? a monarchy? go ahead and defect to the British Empire.

schwarzchildradius said:
not quite an argument but... what the heck do you want? a monarchy? go ahead and defect to the British Empire.
Not quite an argument?
Okay, let me spell it out for you...

Making the statement that we would feel just the same having an elected leader that will be rotated regularly removed from power, as we would if a dictator that oppressed all but 20% of the population was removed from power, is a total fallacy.

Nobody's making that statement.

schwarzchildradius said:
Nobody's making that statement.

Well then, this is the most odd, out of place, statement I have ever see in the middle of a conversation about insurgents in Iraq.