Height & Health: Is It Possible?

In summary, there are no medical procedures to increase height through artificial means and there is no evidence that sexual activity reduces energy or that masturbation has any negative effects on energy levels.
TheUmer
These questions may seem a bit awkward but as I don't have any knowledge about medical field, I'd still put them forward:

Is it possible to increase human height through artificial means, like medical operation etc.?

Indulging into sexual activity reduces our energy. Would a person who is not married be more healthy and energetic than a married person?

Biology news on Phys.org
TheUmer said:
These questions may seem a bit awkward but as I don't have any knowledge about medical field, I'd still put them forward:

Is it possible to increase human height through artificial means, like medical operation etc.?
There is a procedure for elongating bones, but it is not usually used to increase height, per se, but rather to even out bone length in individuals who have had growth of a limb stunted for some reason. It involves breaking the bone and attaching braces to keep stretching the limb as it heals to elongate the bone. It is a slow and painful process.

Indulging into sexual activity reduces our energy. Would a person who is not married be more healthy and energetic than a married person?

I do not know the origin of this myth, but it's been asked here before, and there is simply no basis for the myth that sexual activity in any way reduces energy. So, the rest of the question becomes irrelevant.

masturbation doesn't spoil one's energy?

TheUmer said:
masturbation doesn't spoil one's energy?

No. As I said, this has been asked before, and I don't know where such a rumor has come from, but it's pretty blatantly obviously wrong.

1. Can height affect overall health?

Yes, height can have an impact on overall health. Being either too short or too tall can increase the risk of certain health conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Additionally, height can also affect physical capabilities and mobility, leading to potential health complications.

2. Is there a correlation between height and lifespan?

There is some evidence to suggest that taller people tend to live longer than shorter individuals. This is likely due to the fact that taller individuals may have better access to nutrition and healthcare, as well as a reduced risk of certain health conditions. However, genetics and lifestyle factors also play a significant role in lifespan.

3. Can height be controlled or changed?

While genetics play a major role in determining height, there are certain factors that can influence height to a certain extent, such as nutrition, exercise, and hormone levels. However, it is important to note that once a person reaches their full adult height, it is not possible to significantly increase or decrease it.

4. Does height have an impact on mental health?

There is some evidence to suggest that height can have an impact on mental health. Research has shown that being either too short or too tall can be associated with an increased risk of depression and anxiety. However, the exact reasons for this are still being studied.

5. Are there any health risks associated with trying to change one's height?

There are no known health risks associated with trying to change one's height through natural means, such as nutrition and exercise. However, extreme measures, such as using growth hormones or undergoing surgery, can have serious health consequences and should not be attempted without medical supervision.