Node voltage Analysis with voltage controlled voltage source

In summary, The conversation discusses a circuit problem with 3 nodes and 4 unknowns. The attempt at solving the problem involves using equations for each node, but there is a mistake in one of the equations. After receiving help, the mistake is corrected and the solution is found. It is emphasized that having the correct number of equations is crucial in solving the problem.
forsaken231

Homework Statement

Here is the circuit
http://i.imgur.com/Xn2mc.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

I've tried it a few ways, but the one I'm going for at the moment is this

Node 1: (v1-v2)/10 + (v1-v3)/15 + v1 /5 = 1
Node 2: (v2-v1)/10 + (v2-v3)/10 + v2 / 5 = 2
Node 3: 2Vx where Vx = (v2 - v1)/10

When I solve I don't get the correct answers:
Node 1: 5.405V and Node 2: 7.297V

I tried doing equations without a 'node 3' involved but they just didnt work out either. If i DO only need to use 2, please explain to me how to do so, I'm really stuck :(

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't have time to dive into this thing yet, but this is not helping:
Node 3: 2Vx where Vx = (v2 - v1)/10

should be vx = v2 - v1

You're a lifesaver, figured it out.
It's always the small things that get me, stupid dependency equations.

Thank you :)

I assume you dug up the 4th equation? 4 unknowns need 4 equations: v1, v2, v3, vx.
Of course, the 4th is obvious ...

haha i had the 4th equation i just wrote it wrong >.<

1. What is Node Voltage Analysis with Voltage Controlled Voltage Source?

Node voltage analysis is a method used in circuit analysis to determine the voltage at each node in a circuit. A voltage controlled voltage source is a type of circuit element that produces an output voltage based on the input voltage.

2. How is Node Voltage Analysis performed with Voltage Controlled Voltage Source?

Node voltage analysis with voltage controlled voltage source is performed by applying Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) and Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (KVL) to a circuit with one or more voltage controlled voltage sources. The equations are then solved simultaneously to determine the voltage at each node.

3. What are the advantages of using Node Voltage Analysis with Voltage Controlled Voltage Source?

The main advantage of using node voltage analysis with voltage controlled voltage source is that it allows for the analysis of complex circuits with multiple voltage controlled sources. It also provides a systematic approach to solving circuit problems and allows for easy visualization of the circuit.

4. What are the limitations of Node Voltage Analysis with Voltage Controlled Voltage Source?

One limitation of node voltage analysis with voltage controlled voltage source is that it assumes ideal circuit elements, which may not always reflect real-world scenarios. Additionally, this method may become more complex for circuits with a large number of nodes and voltage controlled sources.

5. Can Node Voltage Analysis with Voltage Controlled Voltage Source be applied to both DC and AC circuits?

Yes, node voltage analysis with voltage controlled voltage source can be applied to both DC and AC circuits. However, additional considerations may need to be taken into account for AC circuits, such as impedance and phase angles.