Exam in 1 week and I know ziltch .

• Testing
  • Thread starter truecuban
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary: If you can't pass the class without those two things, you're not going to be able to pass with them, either.I don't even know where to start.
truecuban
exam in 1 week and I know ziltch! please help.

I need some really good guidance here Guys, I have an exam in 1 week and I am really bad at physics. My lecturer told the class to focus on:

Forces and vectors
moments
friction
inclined plains
pin jointed frames.

I know nothing about these and if I fail I got to repeat a whole year. I need serious help in learning these, thanks so much.

Physics news on Phys.org

i hope you have better luck next year!

I hope you're joking...

ZenOne said:
I hope you're joking...

nope no joke, well I know every formula I just don't know how to implement them

An entire week to devote to it? Ages!

Go over the notes, summarize what you need to know. Make a plan. Write down what you're going to study when, stick to the plan. Do the practice problems. Go ask someone in your class/a tutor/your lecturer for help when you get stuck.

That's the only way, we aren't going to be able to beam the knowledge into your mind.

e.bar.goum said:
An entire week to devote to it? Ages!

Go over the notes, summarize what you need to know. Make a plan. Write down what you're going to study when, stick to the plan. Do the practice problems. Go ask someone in your class/a tutor/your lecturer for help when you get stuck.

That's the only way, we aren't going to be able to beam the knowledge into your mind.

can you recommend any good books or websites where I can learn some of this.

Surely you have class notes and a textbook, no?

Other than that, Hyperphysics is my go-to resource, and people here seem to say good things about the khan academy.

e.bar.goum said:
Surely you have class notes and a textbook, no?

Other than that, Hyperphysics is my go-to resource, and people here seem to say good things about the khan academy.

yes I've an incredible amount of notes, but my lecturer didn't explain them greatly, but thanks I am going to try out those websites

Is this one of those 'I've done nothing all semester, now I need to learn everything before the final and I can't fail omgomgomg." threads? Seems like it. If you're in university, then shame on you. You shouldn't be procrastinating so much. Go to Khan Academy, watch some videos, and work your butt off. You can pack at least 8 hours a day.

Let this be a lesson for you: work during the year.

truecuban said:
I need some really good guidance here Guys, I have an exam in 1 week and I am really bad at physics. My lecturer told the class to focus on:

Forces and vectors
moments
friction
inclined plains
pin jointed frames.

I know nothing about these and if I fail I got to repeat a whole year. I need serious help in learning these, thanks so much.

How in zombie jesus's name can anyone attend a class for an entire semester and literally know nothing about these things? Sounds like you're in statics, which tells me you should already know these items from introductory physics - except frames, whose sole tricks include the mind-numbingly simple instances of identifying two-force members and drawing free body diagrams of everything else (including the entire structure if supports exist), then writing out your moment and force equations.

The best advice I can offer is this: purposefully fail the exam, or drop the class if you can. Repeat a year. Grow up and frickin' mature enough to take responsibility for your own education. Even if we could beam knowledge directly into your head like another poster mentioned, you would still be this much of a screw-up, and you would fail even harder at whatever really hard class you had to take next semester or next year.

Angry Citizen said:
How in zombie jesus's name can anyone attend a class for an entire semester and literally know nothing about these things? Sounds like you're in statics, which tells me you should already know these items from introductory physics - except frames, whose sole tricks include the mind-numbingly simple instances of identifying two-force members and drawing free body diagrams of everything else (including the entire structure if supports exist), then writing out your moment and force equations.

The best advice I can offer is this: purposefully fail the exam, or drop the class if you can. Repeat a year. Grow up and frickin' mature enough to take responsibility for your own education. Even if we could beam knowledge directly into your head like another poster mentioned, you would still be this much of a screw-up, and you would fail even harder at whatever really hard class you had to take next semester or next year.

Damn. Haha, and I thought I was being harsh. :)

The only advice I have is to remember to draw a free body diagram and if you don't know what that is then you're in rough shape.

Read the chapters and then do the problems.

1. What can I do to prepare for my exam in one week if I know nothing?

First, create a study schedule and stick to it. Focus on the main concepts and topics that will likely be covered on the exam. Utilize study guides, notes, and textbooks to review material. Practice with past exams or sample questions. Seeking help from a tutor or study group can also be beneficial.

2. How can I stay motivated to study for my exam in one week?

Set realistic and achievable goals for each day leading up to the exam. Reward yourself for meeting these goals. Take breaks and engage in activities that help you relax and refocus. Remember the importance of doing well on the exam and how it will contribute to your overall academic success.

3. What are some effective study techniques for preparing for an exam in one week?

Active learning techniques such as summarizing, flashcards, and practice quizzes can help with retention. Make use of visual aids such as diagrams and charts to help understand complex concepts. Teaching the material to someone else can also enhance understanding and retention.

4. How should I approach studying for a comprehensive exam in one week?

Start with the most challenging material and spend more time on it. Then move on to the easier material. Review past exams and quizzes to identify areas that need more attention. Break up your study sessions into smaller chunks to avoid burnout. Stay organized and prioritize tasks to make the most of your study time.

5. How can I manage test anxiety for an exam in one week?

Practice deep breathing techniques and positive self-talk. Avoid cramming and get enough rest the night before the exam. Eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam. Remember that it is normal to feel anxious, and try to focus on the material rather than your nerves. If necessary, seek help from a counselor or therapist for coping strategies.