Easy logical number puzzle

• Thread starter AntonVrba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, A puzzle is given to fill in numbers 1 to 9 in a 9x9 grid without repeating any number in a row or column. The numbers in the first column are in sequence from top to bottom. A file with a visual representation of the puzzle and a link to a trainer are provided. The puzzle can be solved using a computer program, with the first two guesses being correct. The program ran faster than expected due to luck, and a spreadsheet can also be used to generate the puzzle.
AntonVrba
Open attached file and

Fill in numbers 1 to 9 such that no number repeats in any column or row.

What are the numbers in the first column - in sequence top down?

here is also a link numblock1.gif

Attachments

• numblock1a.gif
    numblock1a.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
:smile: I have added a trainer :smile:

Fill in numbers 1 to 5 such that no number repeats in any column or row.

complete the number in the first row 3***1

here is the file trainer.gif

Attachments

• trainer.gif
    trainer.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:
I wrote a computer program to solve this:

6 1 2 5 4 3 7 # 8 9
1 2 3 4 # 5 9 6 7 8
2 4 5 9 1 7 3 8 # 6
3 5 6 2 7 8 # 1 9 4
4 7 # 8 9 1 6 3 2 5
7 8 9 # 2 6 4 5 1 3
5 # 7 3 8 9 1 4 6 2
9 6 8 7 3 # 5 2 4 1
8 9 1 6 5 4 2 7 3 #
# 3 4 1 6 2 8 9 5 7

The program quits when it finds a solution so I don't know if there are others. By coincidence, the program ran about 20 times faster than would be expected just because by fantastic luck, the first two guesses it made were correct. If I had moved vertically down the matrix instead of horizontally across, it would have run even faster as the first four guesses would have been correct.

Last edited:
that was quick. !

I used an exel spread sheet to generate puzzle

What is an Easy Logical Number Puzzle?

An Easy Logical Number Puzzle is a type of puzzle that involves using mathematical operations and patterns to solve a sequence of numbers.

How do you solve an Easy Logical Number Puzzle?

To solve an Easy Logical Number Puzzle, you must first identify the pattern or rule that the numbers follow. Then, use this rule to find the missing number in the sequence.

What are some common operations used in Easy Logical Number Puzzles?

Some common operations used in Easy Logical Number Puzzles include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and square roots. However, more complex puzzles may also involve exponents, logarithms, and other mathematical functions.

Are there any strategies for solving Easy Logical Number Puzzles?

Yes, there are several strategies that can help you solve Easy Logical Number Puzzles. These include looking for patterns or relationships between the numbers, working backwards from the final number, and using trial and error.

Can Easy Logical Number Puzzles be solved without using math?

No, Easy Logical Number Puzzles require basic mathematical skills to solve. However, there are sometimes visual clues or patterns that can assist in solving the puzzle without relying solely on math.