About Beakmans motor. design equation B, I, N, calculations or mathcad file?

However, there are PC programs, mathcad files, and java simulators available that can help with these calculations. If you have access to one of these tools, you may be able to accurately determine the values and create a successful motor. If you are interested in trying out these tools, you can reach out to Julee at fmchilca@hotmail.com. In summary, to accurately calculate B, I, and V for your Beakman motor, you will need to know the coil resistance and the magnetic field strength of the magnet being used.
julee
I built a Beakman motor and works good. But Iwonder how to calculate :
-Magnetic Induction B(Teslas)?
-Current I(amperes)?
-Voltage V ( volts)

Data:

N= 5 turns
D=9 milimeters( 38 AWG copper wire)
V=1.4 Volts
B= ...? (May be 0.1 tesla)...small Headphones magnet

If any guy have a pc program, mathcad file or java simulator for this small values. Please let me Know ..and I send you a free motor beakman...(I think the smallest motor..)

Regards
Julee
email: fmchilca@hotmail.com

:smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to calculate magnetic induction B, current I, and voltage V from the data provided. You would need to know the coil resistance and the magnetic field strength of the magnet being used in order to accurately calculate the values.

Hello Julee,
Congratulations on successfully building a Beakman motor! It's always exciting to see your hard work pay off. As for calculating the magnetic induction (B), current (I), and voltage (V) for your motor, there are a few equations and factors that you can use to determine these values.

First, let's start with magnetic induction (B). This can be calculated using the following equation:
B = μN * I / l
Where μ is the permeability of the material (in this case, air), N is the number of turns in the coil, I is the current, and l is the length of the coil. In this case, the length of the coil is not given, so we will have to estimate it based on the diameter (D) of the coil.

Next, we can calculate the current (I) using Ohm's Law:
I = V / R
Where V is the voltage and R is the resistance. The resistance of the coil can be calculated using the following equation:
R = ρ * l / A
Where ρ is the resistivity of copper (1.68 x 10^-8 Ωm), l is the length of the wire (which we estimated earlier), and A is the cross-sectional area of the wire (calculated using the diameter of the wire).

Finally, we can calculate the voltage (V) using the following equation:
V = B * l * v
Where B is the magnetic induction, l is the length of the coil (estimated earlier), and v is the velocity of the coil (which we will assume to be constant).

I would suggest using a program like Mathcad or a simulator to input these equations and values to get a more accurate result. I do not have a specific program or file to recommend, but a quick internet search should provide you with some options.

I hope this helps in your calculations and understanding of your Beakman motor. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

1. What is Beakman's motor?

Beakman's motor is a simple electrical motor designed by the scientist Lester "Beakman" Smith. It consists of a battery, a magnet, and a coil of wire that can be turned on and off by a switch.

2. What is the design equation for Beakman's motor?

The design equation for Beakman's motor is B x I x N = T, where B is the strength of the magnetic field, I is the current flowing through the wire, N is the number of turns in the coil, and T is the torque produced by the motor.

3. How do you calculate the strength of the magnetic field in Beakman's motor?

The strength of the magnetic field in Beakman's motor can be calculated using the equation B = μ0 x (N x I)/L, where μ0 is the permeability of free space, N is the number of turns in the coil, I is the current flowing through the wire, and L is the length of the coil.

4. What is the role of mathcad in designing Beakman's motor?

Mathcad is a computer software that allows scientists and engineers to perform complex mathematical calculations and analyze data. It can be used to design and simulate Beakman's motor, making it easier to determine the optimal values for B, I, and N in the design equation.

5. Can I get a mathcad file for Beakman's motor design?

Yes, there are many mathcad files available online that can be used for designing and simulating Beakman's motor. However, it is important to note that the values used in these files may vary depending on the specific materials and components used in the motor. It is always best to double check the calculations and make adjustments as needed.