Does Problems in General Physics by irodov come with solutions?

In summary, the book "Problems in General Physics" by irodov does not come with solutions or answers to the problems. It is not permitted to discuss or provide instructor solution manuals on this platform, as the purpose of being in school is to learn and do the work yourself. Therefore, the thread on this topic has been locked.
mohdhm
Does "Problems in General Physics" by irodov come with solutions?

Sorry i had to make another thread instead of stick with the first irodov thread on this page, but i need to know if the book provides solutions (or atleast answers) to the problems as soon as possible. This is mostly because I've been browsing the web for more of his textbooks, and i found some people selling the "solutions" manual.

So let me know, if you know :)

thanks guys

Physics news on Phys.org
Instructor solution manual discussions are not permitted here on the PF. You need to do the work for yourself. That is why you are in school -- to learn. Thread locked.

I can provide a response to your question. "Problems in General Physics" by Irodov is a well-known textbook in the field of physics, particularly for students preparing for competitive exams. The book is known for its challenging problems and comprehensive coverage of various topics in physics. However, the book does not come with solutions or answers to the problems. This is because the book is designed to help students develop problem-solving skills and to encourage critical thinking. Providing solutions or answers would defeat the purpose of the book and hinder the learning process.

It is important to note that there may be solutions manuals available for purchase, but these are not officially endorsed by the author or publisher. It is up to the individual to decide whether they want to use these resources or not. However, I would recommend using the book as intended, and attempting to solve the problems without external help. This will not only improve your understanding of the subject but also help you develop important skills that are necessary for success in the field of physics.

1. What is "Problems in General Physics" by Irodov?

"Problems in General Physics" is a renowned textbook written by I.E. Irodov for students preparing for competitive exams in physics. It covers a wide range of topics in physics and contains challenging problems to develop problem-solving skills.

2. Does the book come with solutions to the problems?

Yes, the book does come with solutions to the problems. However, they are not included in the main book and are published separately in a companion book titled "Solutions to Irodov's Problems in General Physics".

3. Are the solutions provided in the book accurate?

The solutions provided in the companion book are accurate and have been verified by experts. However, it is always recommended to cross-check the solutions and attempt the problems on your own before referring to the solutions.

4. Is "Problems in General Physics" suitable for beginners?

This book is more suitable for students who have a strong foundation in physics and are looking to challenge themselves with complex problems. It may not be the best choice for beginners as the level of difficulty may be overwhelming.

5. Can the book be used for self-study?

Yes, the book can be used for self-study. It is a comprehensive resource for students preparing for competitive exams in physics. However, it is recommended to refer to other textbooks and resources for a better understanding of the concepts before attempting the problems in the book.