VOTE Photo Contest - Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy

In summary, this week's photo contest theme was happiness and joy. The top contenders were turbo, with Hypatia's doggies as a close second, Evo's child, and ZapperZ's chipmunk. The final votes were tied between turbo and Hypatia, with turbo ultimately winning. Some members expressed disappointment for missing the thread, while others shared their own photos that would have fit the theme.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy

• turbo-1

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evo

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hypatia

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A lot of happy and joyful pictures this week after a slow start. Please vote for the picture that best reflect out theme, which is to depict happiness and/or joy.

1. turbo-1
sophia650.jpg

2. matthyaouw
emily-1.jpg

3. Evo
dance1it3.jpg

4. ZapperZ
img4616yk8.jpg

5. hypatia
zorroandRommy.jpg

6. 0TheSwerve0
IMG_2046copy.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks to whoever voted for the Evo Child. I'm afraid I have to vote for hypatias doggies. (hope the Evo Child doesn't see this) :uhh:

I voted The Swerve, with Hypatia as a close second.

I voted for turbo. Hypatia was a close second and would hav won my vote, but that chipmunk was SO cute.

Why do I never find the threads where you enter into these things?? I have a great picture of my cats that would have been perfect.

Last edited:
Math Jeans said:
I voted for turbo. Hypatia was a close second and would hav won my vote, but that chipmunk was SO cute.

Why do I never find the threads where you enter into these things?? I have a great picture of my cats that would have been perfect.
Thanks for the vote. Sophia was a bit disappointed until the chipmunk visited just as it was time to go. She certainly wouldn't have qualified for the contest a few minutes earlier when her dad said it was time to go.

MJ, to find the contests, go to the General Discussion section and you'll see threads that say PF Photo Contest (theme here). You have a period of time to select or take a picture to post, then Zz closes the contest and opens a polling thread for the vote. If there are special circumstances behind the scene you shoot, you should take a little time to explain them.

What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy" is a photography competition organized by the Popular Photography Forum (PF) that focuses on capturing happiness and joy in everyday life.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is a member of the Popular Photography Forum and is above the age of 18. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate.

What are the submission guidelines for the contest?

Participants are allowed to submit up to three photographs that capture the theme of happiness and joy. The photographs should be in JPEG format and should not exceed 5MB. Participants must also include a short description of their photograph.

How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and a panel of judges. The public can vote for their favorite photographs on the Popular Photography Forum website, while the judges will evaluate the photographs based on creativity, technical skill, and adherence to the theme.

What are the prizes for the winners?

The grand prize winner will receive a cash prize of $1000 and a feature in Popular Photography magazine. The second and third place winners will receive cash prizes of $500 and $250 respectively. There will also be five honorable mentions, each receiving a $50 cash prize.