Be afraid, be very afraid of a SCARF

• News
  • Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, Rachael Ray's Scarf terrifies the nation. Dunkin Donuts pulled an ad featuring her after Fox News commentator associated it with terrorists. Americans are concerned about the influence of Islamic jihad and Rachael Ray.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Be afraid, be very afraid...of...a...SCARF!

Rachael Ray's Scarf Terrifies Nation!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24860437/

Dunkin' Donuts pulled a television spot featuring talk show host and Food Network personality Rachael Ray this weekend after a Fox news commentator associated it with terrorists.

Laughable, except it really happened.

Physics news on Phys.org
"distinctive hate couture"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I saw this on Countdown tonight. This is ridiculous. This is the worst case of xenophobia I have ever seen. It is even worse that Duncan Donuts actually gave in and pulled the ad off the air.

We need a new amendment to the Constitution-The Freedom of Scarves Amendment!:biggrin:

G01 said:
I saw this on Countdown tonight. This is ridiculous. This is the worst case of xenophobia I have ever seen. It is even worse that Duncan Donuts actually gave in and pulled the ad off the air.

We need a new amendment to the Constitution-The Freedom of Scarves Amendment!:biggrin:

Unfortunately american corporations are cowards and won't stand up for themselves if they think it may in any way hurt their profits.

Did they fire the Fox news reporter for being stupid?

Heck no! That's one of the requirements for being hired at Faux News! :biggrin:

So wearing a cheesy dinner jacket could suggest that one is an Iranian terrorist?

We had better hope that no terrorists wear Blue Jeans!

The kaffiyeh, Malkin wrote in a column posted online last Friday, “has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad

You must be kidding me, right? "Murderous Palestinian jihad" ?? What is wrong with you people, don't you ever rationalize your arguments? Did the West became such an phobic place that even now scarves terrify you?...And what's that Murderous Jihad this guy's talking about? The resistance to occupation? Even though I don't approve its methods but still resistance to occupation is a right granted to any people in the planet.

“I think that a right-wing blogger making an association between a kaffiyeh and terrorism is just an example of how so much of the complexity of Arab culture has been reduced to a very narrow vision of the Arab world on the part of some people in the U.S.,” Bishara said in a phone interview. “Kaffiyehs are worn every day on the street by Palestinians and other people in the Middle East — by people going to work, going to school, taking care of their families, and just trying to keep warm.”

Finally, some sane person speaks.

It’s refreshing to see an American company show sensitivity to the concerns of Americans opposed to Islamic jihad and its apologists.

That's just sad...no comment.

Too bad so many people in the world are so ignorant. I personally am embarrassed to be a US citizen when I see crap like this.

this is so bad i am not able to even deal with it enough to formulate a statement. i am crying. i can only manage to suggest that michelle malkin is a dangerous imbecile.

Why would Dunkin' give into this? I doubt that there were that many people who identified the scarf with terrorism and complained. :confused:

I really don't like Rachael Ray or her lame "recipes", but this is off the wall. She couldn't cook herself out of a "best school-lunch" play-off, but she's otherwise not much of a danger to the US.

Really, Rachel Ray, clueless tv food show host or terrorist?

Ok, I must admit that what she does to food is sometimes terrifying.

Evo said:
Really, Rachel Ray, clueless tv food show host or terrorist?

Ok, I must admit that what she does to food is sometimes terrifying.
But her destructive influence is confined to the dummies that are willing to try her "recipes" - as long as she doesn't branch out into ammonia and nitrogen-based fertilizers, she out to be pretty harmless (and vacuous, as always).

1. What is a SCARF model and why should I be afraid of it?

The SCARF model is a framework developed by neuroscientist David Rock to explain how our brains respond to social threats and rewards. SCARF stands for Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, and Fairness. It suggests that when these factors are threatened, our brains can react with fear, leading to negative emotions and behaviors. This model can be useful in understanding and managing social interactions, but it should not be used to manipulate or harm others.

2. How can the SCARF model affect my relationships?

The SCARF model can impact your relationships by influencing how you perceive and respond to others. For example, if someone threatens your sense of status or fairness, you may feel defensive or angry towards them. It is important to be aware of these dynamics and communicate openly and respectfully to maintain healthy relationships.

3. Can the SCARF model be applied to workplace dynamics?

Yes, the SCARF model can be a valuable tool for understanding and improving workplace dynamics. By recognizing and addressing potential threats to employees' status, certainty, autonomy, relatedness, and fairness, employers can create a more positive and productive work environment.

4. Is the SCARF model backed by scientific research?

Yes, the SCARF model is based on neuroscience research on social interactions and the brain's response to threats and rewards. However, it is important to note that the model is still being studied and refined, and its applicability may vary depending on individual and cultural differences.

5. How can I use the SCARF model to improve my own well-being?

By understanding the SCARF model, you can become more aware of your own reactions to social threats and rewards. This can help you identify and manage potential triggers for negative emotions and behaviors, and proactively seek out situations that promote positive feelings and interactions. Additionally, you can use the model to communicate your needs and boundaries in relationships, promoting a healthier and more fulfilling life.