Can I Change My Nick to "spottedPaint"?

• Thread starter cjellison
  • Start date
In summary, to change your username on the forum, you will need to send a Private Message to Greg Bernhardt and be patient as it may take some time for him to respond. If you have not received a response after some time, you can send a reminder to Greg or try PMing chroot instead.
cjellison
Can I get my nick changed to "spottedPaint"?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
You'll need to send a Private Message to Greg Bernhardt requesting a name change. He's the only one who can do that. If you do send the PM, please be patient...it can take a while for him to get to all his messages and act on them.

Moonbear said:
You'll need to send a Private Message to Greg Bernhardt requesting a name change.

I sent a PM to Greg back in Nov.

He's the only one who can do that. If you do send the PM, please be patient...it can take a while for him to get to all his messages and act on them.

This is a very simple request, and Greg has made a number of posts to various forums since I sent my original PM. What is the hold up here? It should take no more than 5 minutes...

cjellison said:
I sent a PM to Greg back in Nov.

This is a very simple request, and Greg has made a number of posts to various forums since I sent my original PM. What is the hold up here? It should take no more than 5 minutes...
Greg receives many PM's each day, it's quite possible that your request simply slipped through the net. However, if nothings happened by the close of business today, I'll PM him with a little reminder for you.

Hootenanny said:
Greg receives many PM's each day, it's quite possible that your request simply slipped through the net. However, if nothings happened by the close of business today, I'll PM him with a little reminder for you.

Thanks. Did you send this PM? With the new year, I'd like to take care of this.

Greg is away on vacation. I suggest you pm chroot. Greg has had an awful lot on his plate the last couple of months.

1. Can I change my nickname to "spottedPaint"?

Yes, you can change your nickname to "spottedPaint" as long as it is available and not already in use by another user.

2. How do I change my nickname on my account?

To change your nickname on your account, you will need to go to your account settings or profile page and look for an option to edit your nickname. This may vary depending on the platform or website you are using.

3. Will changing my nickname affect my previous posts or data?

Generally, changing your nickname should not affect your previous posts or data. However, it is always recommended to double-check with the platform or website you are using to confirm this.

4. Are there any restrictions or guidelines for choosing a nickname?

Yes, most platforms or websites have restrictions and guidelines for choosing a nickname. These may include character limits, offensive language filters, and avoiding impersonation of others. It is important to follow these guidelines to avoid any issues with your account.

5. Can I change my nickname multiple times?

This depends on the platform or website you are using. Some may allow you to change your nickname multiple times, while others may have a limit or require a waiting period between changes. It is best to check with the platform or website for their specific policies on changing nicknames.