Can we make the rss feed cover a longer Period of time?

• Thread starter John Creighto
  • Start date
In summary, there is an issue with the RSS feed for a sub forum where it only shows a short list and doesn't display all unread topics. The person is using Sage as their aggregator, but it doesn't seem to archive feeds. They would like the feed to show posts over a longer period of time until they get a new aggregator. There is uncertainty about whether the issue is with the aggregator not keeping posts long enough or not updating frequently enough. However, it appears to be working now.
John Creighto
I notice when you look at the rss feed (particularly for a sub form) the list is rather short. There are many unread topics which don't show up in the feed. I'm using sage as my agragator and it doesn't seem to archive feeds. Therefore, until, I get a new agregator I'd like the feeds to show posts over a longer period of time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Actually I'm not sure if the issue it doesn't keep posts long enough or if it doesn't update enough. There does seem to be a lot of posts though that don't show up on the feed.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...It seems to be working for me now.

What is an RSS feed?

An RSS feed is a type of web feed that allows users to access updates to online content in a standardized format. It typically includes the title, summary, and link to the content.

Why would we want to make the RSS feed cover a longer period of time?

Extending the coverage of an RSS feed can allow users to access a larger amount of content over a longer period of time. This can be useful for users who may not check the feed regularly or for those who prefer to view a larger volume of content at once.

How can we make the RSS feed cover a longer period of time?

There are a few ways to extend the coverage of an RSS feed. One option is to increase the number of items included in the feed, which can typically be adjusted in the feed's settings. Another option is to decrease the frequency of updates, for example from daily to weekly, which will also increase the coverage period.

Are there any limitations to how long an RSS feed can cover?

Yes, there are limitations to the length of time an RSS feed can cover. This is typically determined by the settings of the RSS feed and the platform it is being used on. Some platforms may have a maximum number of items that can be included in a single feed or may limit the amount of time content can be displayed.

What are the potential benefits of extending the coverage of an RSS feed?

Extending the coverage of an RSS feed can provide several benefits, including increased visibility and accessibility for users, the ability to access a larger amount of content at once, and the potential to reach a wider audience. It can also help to ensure that important or timely updates are not missed by users who may not regularly check the feed.