What were the consequences of Israel's attack on the Gaza Aid Flotilla?

• News
  • Thread starter TubbaBlubba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ship
In summary, a group of peace advocates organized a convoy to ship supplies to Gaza, but Israel's military attacked the vessels on international waters, resulting in injuries and deaths. The details of the incident are still unclear, but it has sparked controversy and criticism towards Israel's actions. The organizers of the convoy had hoped for a reaction from Israel, and the IDF claims that the activists on board instigated the violence. This event was not unexpected, as Israel had announced earlier that they would prevent the ships from reaching Gaza.
Pattonias said:
Now if they try and run the blockade; that would be an act of war.

Egypt will not likely let Iran pass through the Suez Canal. I think Iran is just ruffling feathers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Egypt will not likely let Iran pass through the Suez Canal. I think Iran is just ruffling feathers.

Good point, I had forgotten that Egypt was also involved.

Arabs blockading Gaza

(how wonderful … now Norway instead of Sweden! :smile:)
Pattonias said:
Good point, I had forgotten that Egypt was also involved.

:rofl: :rofl:

Yes, everybody does forget that …

it's both Israelis and Arabs blockading Gaza. :rolleyes:

Speaking of "arabs", at least from my travels in Egypt a good few years ago, Egypts frequently deny identification with "arabs", but rather identify themselves as... Egyptians.

But that's an irrelevant side note.

What I wonder is, do they blockade Gaza out of "fear" for Hamas or because they don't want to screw with Israel? I don't think it's very easy to get a good account on this, but...

TubbaBlubba said:
Speaking of "arabs", at least from my travels in Egypt a good few years ago, Egypts frequently deny identification with "arabs", but rather identify themselves as... Egyptians.

But that's an irrelevant side note.

What I wonder is, do they blockade Gaza out of "fear" for Hamas or because they don't want to screw with Israel? I don't think it's very easy to get a good account on this, but...

I don't think it is fear, but they want to maintain their image as a stable nation. Weapons were being smuggled through their borders and they put a stop to it.

Pattonias said:
I don't think it is fear, but they want to maintain their image as a stable nation. Weapons were being smuggled through their borders and they put a stop to it.

I heard something about tunnels going below the blockades, did they manage to put a stop to that too?

Locked pending cleanup.