Please help me with my IMS setup

• Thread starter matlabma
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of an IMS setup to detect explosives such as RDX and PETN. While the setup is able to detect these explosives at low concentrations, it fails to detect TNT. The individual is seeking to understand why this is happening and suggests using a DC corona discharge as an ion source. They also mention searching Google for information on IMS and TNT and express excitement at finding the answer.
matlabma
I have built an IMS setup to detect explorsives such as RDX,PETN,etc. the setup can have the RDX and PETN spectra even in a much low concentration,but when for TNT detection,it fails to have any spectra.I want to know why?
using a DC corona discharge as an ion source

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
matlabma said:
I have built an IMS setup to detect explorsives such as RDX,PETN,etc. the setup can have the RDX and PETN spectra even in a much low concentration,but when for TNT detection,it fails to have any spectra.I want to know why?
using a DC corona discharge as an ion source
Try searching Google with "Ion mobility spectrometry, IMS, TNT" and check the journal articles that appear.

sorry,can not find the reasons,may be,something wrong in the drift tube,something in the tube quenching the ions?

thank you GOD!I got the answer

Would be nice of you to share the answer for us rabid researchers

1. What is IMS setup?

IMS, or the Information Management System, is a software system used for managing and maintaining large amounts of data. It is commonly used in scientific research and other data-intensive industries to store, retrieve, and analyze data.

2. How do I set up IMS?

Setting up IMS can vary depending on the specific software and hardware used. However, in general, it involves installing the necessary software, configuring the system settings, and creating databases to store the data.

3. What are the benefits of using IMS?

IMS offers several benefits, including efficient data organization and retrieval, increased data security, and improved data analysis capabilities. It also allows for easy collaboration and sharing of data among multiple users.

4. What types of data can be managed with IMS?

IMS can handle a wide range of data types, including text, numerical, and multimedia data. It can also handle structured and unstructured data, making it a versatile tool for managing different types of data.

5. Is there any specialized training required to use IMS?

While some basic knowledge of database management and software installation may be helpful, most IMS systems come with user-friendly interfaces and require minimal training to use. However, for more advanced features, specialized training may be beneficial.