Trivia Night Round 2: Do You Have What it Takes?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, it looks like people are interested in another quiz. Evo is going to take care of the questions and all the practical stuff, so somebody else needs to help keep the score and copy chat. If people are interested, they should let Evo know.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Another quiz??

It appears that many people in chat really enjoyed last times trivia. So perhaps we should have another one next sunday??

I'll take care of the questions and all the practical stuff, I just need somebody else who keeps the scores and who copies the chat (evo??).

Tell me if people are interested.

Physics news on Phys.org

Another quiz sounds like an excellent idea! Unfortunately, I can't commit to helping out right now, but I'll get back to you by the end of the week. In any case, I'm sure Evo will be happy to pitch in.

Another quiz would be fun. Hopefully, no negative 2's this time.

turbo said:
Hopefully, no negative 2's this time.
Yes, I think that rather messed things up last time.

Yay! LOL! It did seem like fun even though I had to leave right after the first question...I hope it doesn't happen again.

I can keep the score, and copying chat is not necessary - it is automatically logged by the system.

Unless you mean something completely different.

I would like to participate again. And I am happy to take a turn of being question master if that is something others are happy with. I don't think I would quite as good as Hootenanny at designing questions that draw contestants into supplying the wrong answer, but I think I could come up with a balanced, culturally neutral set of questions. Nothing too Britishy, like the original Doctor Who.

That would be great. Just let us know which Sunday and what time.

Now that we have access to the chat logs, it's much easier, thanks to Borek for testing it.

Evo said:
That would be great. Just let us know which Sunday and what time.

I thought about this sunday at the previous time (9pm GMT, I thought)

micromass said:
I thought about this sunday at the previous time (9pm GMT, I thought)

Can it be an hour earlier? Or will it be too early for some?

Borek said:
Can it be an hour earlier? Or will it be too early for some?

That's ok for me, I was just basing myself on the times of previous trivia.
I'll post the complete details soon.

micromass: -50

Any questions about Rick Rolls?:biggrin:

Yay yay yay!

And an hour earlier would be great! Just in case I have to run someone to the ER again... :rolleyes: I would have made it to the last game if it had been an hour earlier.

Reminder: Quiz sunday 2000 GMT

There will be two rounds: Science and General Knowledge.

The loser gets slapped in the face with a fish, the size of which is determined by the winner!

All welcome

micromass said:
Reminder: Quiz tonight 2000 GMT

There will be two rounds: Science and General Knowledge.

The loser gets slapped in the face with a fish, the size of which is determined by the winner!

All welcome
Tonight?

How did I miss this?

And use real time, we operate on CST. Don't use imaginary time zones. :grumpy: 20:00 GMT? That was 2 1/2 hours ago. I am sooo confused.

Evo said:
Tonight?

How did I miss this?

Oops :frown: Tonight = sunday

Last edited:

Micro, can you give some details about number of parts and questions? I will prepare a spreadsheet similar to the one I used last time, it will be easier to keep track of scores.

And you will have to announce who gets points after each question.

There will be 2 parts: Science and General Knowledge. Each part will consist of 10 questions.

If all goes well, we should be ready in about an hour...

micromass said:
There will be 2 parts: Science and General Knowledge. Each part will consist of 10 questions.

If all goes well, we should be ready in about an hour...
I'm soo confused...it's Friday on planet Evo.

Evo said:
I'm soo confused...it's Friday on planet Evo.

No, there is no quiz today :biggrin: I made a mistake with copy-pasting. There is a quiz sunday, two days from now.

Sorry for the confusion :frown:

There should be more penguin questions.

Pengwuino said:
There should be more penguin questions.

There are, peng :wink:

micromass said:
There are, peng :wink:
Ooooh!

Quiz in 10 minutes in chat room!

1. What is the format of Trivia Night Round 2?

The format of Trivia Night Round 2 typically involves teams of players answering a series of questions across different categories, such as history, pop culture, and science. Each team is given a set amount of time to answer each question, and points are awarded for correct answers.

2. How many players are typically on a team for Trivia Night Round 2?

Teams for Trivia Night Round 2 can vary in size, but typically consist of 4-6 players. This allows for a good balance of knowledge and teamwork within the team.

3. Is there a prize for winning Trivia Night Round 2?

This may vary depending on the specific trivia event, but in general, there is often a prize for the winning team of Trivia Night Round 2. Prizes can range from gift cards to free drinks or even cash prizes.

4. Can I participate in Trivia Night Round 2 even if I am not an expert on all the categories?

Absolutely! Trivia Night Round 2 is meant to be a fun and social event, so don't worry if you're not knowledgeable in every category. It's a great opportunity to learn and have a good time with friends.

5. Are there any tips for preparing for Trivia Night Round 2?

It's always a good idea to brush up on a variety of topics before Trivia Night Round 2. Reading news articles, watching documentaries, and playing trivia games can all help expand your knowledge base. Also, don't forget to have fun and trust in your team's collective knowledge!