Why am I so obsessed with a girl who may never accept me?

• Thread starter sameev29
  • Start date
In summary, the person thinks the person he has a crush on is out of his league and won't be satisfied with him as he is currently.
sameev29
In 2011 I had a heavy crush on person who is friends with a friend(she) of mine.I never met her but I felt like I needed to go towards her.Later I told my friend about this and she became angry and explained me about that girl.That girl is very rich and comes from a military family,she spends lot of money and wants a prince like man to marry.She is a good girl but has some wants of her own.So that was that I told my friend I am off it,but actually I wasnt I kept thinking about her.In 2012 I failed in my high school final exams.I have taken the exam again this.By this time that girl went to college.In this time I kept researching and pointed out reasons for me to be unacceptable to her.

I am handicapped.My left leg is an inch shorter than right,when I walk I lag.Also from last year I started body building because I was slim.Building is still going and it will continue.My family had a business and it brought quite an amount of money to us but this year it got destroyed in a fire outbreak.We are like totally ordinary people now.

So here I am,with nothing and still want her.I am working hard in workouts and I will go to college in January.But my leg problem is still here I am considering surgery in United States even if its a risk.And also I will need to have a few hundred thousand dollars for her to be satisfied.Its a long and rough way to the top.

In all these sometimes I wonder is she right for me,why do I have so much strong feelings for her.Am I in the right path willing to take all these risks?What should I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
And what does this girl do to get your interest? Does she call or text you? How often do you see her where you and her talk?

Honestly sounds like you're obsessive and it's a bit creepy. I doubt you've even maintained a full conversation with this girl. Better yet if she didn't like you without money, why would you be happy with her only liking you for obtaining money?

Actually, re-reading the OP's post, he states he's never even met her!

Yeah and the fact that this has been going on for two years...
To be honest I doubt any of us could talk some sanity into him, but I really hope for the sake of this girl that you never get near her.

Not going to even bother giving you advice on turning your life around.

1. What causes someone to feel very down on themselves?

Feeling down on oneself can be caused by a variety of factors, including past experiences, negative thoughts and self-criticism, a lack of self-esteem or self-worth, and external stressors such as societal pressures or difficult life events.

2. How can I improve my self-esteem and stop feeling down on myself?

Improving self-esteem involves recognizing and challenging negative thoughts and beliefs, practicing self-compassion and self-care, setting achievable goals and celebrating successes, and surrounding oneself with positive and supportive people.

3. Is feeling down on myself a sign of a mental health issue?

While feeling down on oneself can be a symptom of a mental health issue such as depression or anxiety, it is important to seek professional help for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. It is also important to remember that feeling down on oneself does not necessarily indicate a mental health issue and can be a normal response to certain situations.

4. Can feeling down on myself affect my physical health?

Yes, feeling down on oneself can have negative effects on physical health. It can lead to changes in appetite and sleep patterns, increased stress and tension, and a weakened immune system. Taking care of one's mental health is crucial for overall well-being.

5. How can I support someone who is feeling down on themselves?

The best way to support someone who is feeling down on themselves is to listen without judgment, offer encouragement and reassurance, and help them seek professional help if needed. It is also important to educate oneself about mental health and be patient and understanding with the person.

Back