Register to reply

Dimension of n-point Green function

by Einj
Tags: dimension, function, green, npoint
Share this thread:
Einj
Feb23-14, 05:35 PM
P: 306
Hi everyone. I have a very quick question. Can someone tell me how to compute the energy dimensions of an n-point Green function. Consider for example a [itex]\lambda\phi^4[/itex] scalar theory. I know that the dimensions of an n-pt Green function are [itex]4-n[/itex] (or something like that). How do I prove it?

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Optimum inertial self-propulsion design for snowman-like nanorobot
The Quantum Cheshire Cat: Can neutrons be located at a different place than their own spin?
A transistor-like amplifier for single photons
dauto
Feb23-14, 11:57 PM
Thanks
P: 1,948
The dimension of anything in QFT theory can be calculated by counting factors. Each field derivative or integral contributes to the overall dimension.
Einj
Feb24-14, 07:31 AM
P: 306
Yes, I know that. For example in a scalar theory the dimension of the fields is 1 (in energy). My question is: how do I go from knowing the dimension of the field to knowing the dimension of the Green function?

andrien
Feb26-14, 05:42 AM
P: 1,020
Dimension of n-point Green function

Quote Quote by Einj View Post
Yes, I know that. For example in a scalar theory the dimension of the fields is 1 (in energy). My question is: how do I go from knowing the dimension of the field to knowing the dimension of the Green function?
If you are working in D=2d dimensions,then n-point connected 1PI Green function reads
Gn(p1,p2,....,pn)=∫∏i=1to nd2dxiei(p1x1+....pnxn)<0|[itex]T\phi(x_1)....\phi(x_n)[/itex]|0>.
dim. of [itex]\phi[/itex] is d-1 here as you can check,and dim. of d2dx is -2d because length dimension is inverse of energy(mass) dimension.Hence Gn has dimension n(d-1)-2nd=-n(d+1)

Register to reply