Can women really get men to do anything they want?

• Thread starter Nucleonics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, no, women do not typically expect a guy to honor a request even when something is not being offered in return. For example, men will often times pull over if a woman is having car problems, or is short a few bucks for lunch, etc, while it is much harder for another male to expect the same generousity.

bassplayer142 said:
It matters how much money she has...
Some people say I married my wife because she was a millionaire, but it's not true. I would have married her if she only had $999,999.99

Physics news on Phys.org

jimmysnyder said:
Some people say I married my wife because she was a millionaire, but it's not true. I would have married her if she only had $999,999.99

If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke. I agree with you 100% that money plays a small role.

bassplayer142 said:
If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke. I agree with you 100% that money plays a small role.

that's usually true of more men than of more women-----

from the 'traditional' viewpoint--women need/'needed' a 'good' supplier/provider

one reason why some women are labeled 'gold diggers' more than men----how many movies have you seen about 'gold digging' men?

and the most noticable ones stand out --e.g.---Anna Nicole Smith

bassplayer142 said:
If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke.
Actually, I lifted it, as usual. This time from a song that I heard just last night.

Molly dear, now did you hear what all the neighbors say
About the hundred sovreigns you have safely stowed away?
They say that's why I love you. Ah but Molly, that's a shame
If you had only ninety-nine, I'd love you just the same.
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/irish-folk-music/007156.HTM" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nucleonics said:
Being a male, I've heard women frequently tell me that they can make men do anything they so desired (within reason, I'd assume). The sheer lack of humility of such a statement makes me think it's just something women say because they heard other women say it also. But I was wondering what the experience of the women in this forum really was. Can you ladies really get anything you request from a guy (within reason)?

You're argument relies on generalizations, so the answer is. NO

Mk said:
You are a male, and trying to avoid sex, flirtation, and bosom flashing? Are you homosexual?

I seriously hope you were joking because this is such an obvious false dichotomy. It's crude in thought to be quite honest.

<h2>1. Can women really get men to do anything they want?</h2><p>This is a common question that often arises in discussions about gender dynamics. The short answer is no, women cannot manipulate men into doing anything they want. Both men and women have agency and the ability to make their own choices and decisions.</p><h2>2. Are there any scientific studies that support this idea?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that women have the power to control men's actions. In fact, research has shown that both men and women have similar levels of influence in relationships and decision-making processes.</p><h2>3. Why is this idea so prevalent in society?</h2><p>The idea that women can manipulate men is often perpetuated by societal norms and gender stereotypes. These beliefs are often rooted in traditional gender roles that portray women as manipulative and men as easily influenced.</p><h2>4. Can men also manipulate women in the same way?</h2><p>Yes, both men and women have the potential to manipulate and influence others. It is not a gender-specific trait and is dependent on individual personalities and behaviors.</p><h2>5. How can we challenge and break away from this harmful stereotype?</h2><p>It is important to recognize and challenge these gender stereotypes whenever they arise. By promoting equality and acknowledging that both men and women have agency, we can break away from harmful beliefs and promote healthier relationships and interactions.</p>

1. Can women really get men to do anything they want?

This is a common question that often arises in discussions about gender dynamics. The short answer is no, women cannot manipulate men into doing anything they want. Both men and women have agency and the ability to make their own choices and decisions.

2. Are there any scientific studies that support this idea?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that women have the power to control men's actions. In fact, research has shown that both men and women have similar levels of influence in relationships and decision-making processes.

3. Why is this idea so prevalent in society?

The idea that women can manipulate men is often perpetuated by societal norms and gender stereotypes. These beliefs are often rooted in traditional gender roles that portray women as manipulative and men as easily influenced.

4. Can men also manipulate women in the same way?

Yes, both men and women have the potential to manipulate and influence others. It is not a gender-specific trait and is dependent on individual personalities and behaviors.

5. How can we challenge and break away from this harmful stereotype?

It is important to recognize and challenge these gender stereotypes whenever they arise. By promoting equality and acknowledging that both men and women have agency, we can break away from harmful beliefs and promote healthier relationships and interactions.