What else can a browser do? Plot graphs

In summary, the conversation discusses a new Firefox addon that allows users to plot graphs. While it has some problems, it is a good start and one user plans on installing it. Some users express concern over having to use specific syntax for mathematical functions and suggest using Flash or Java instead.
neutrino
What else can a browser do? ...Plot graphs!

Check out this latest Firefox addon...

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Miscellaneous&numpg=10&id=1786

It does have its share of problems, but it's a great start! :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Nice! I don't know why , But I'm definately going to install it

Hey, that's pretty cool. The only thing I don't like is that you have to do:, Math.sin(), Math.cos(), etc. Users should just be able to do: sin(), cos(), etc.

dduardo said:
The only thing I don't like is that you have to do:, Math.sin(), Math.cos(), etc. Users should just be able to do: sin(), cos(), etc.
...Ditto...

That could have been done with Flash or Java, and hence not require another plugin. Not to mention it would run in other browsers as well. But I'm guessing they just ported some open source graphic calculator to a Firefox plugin.

Last edited:

1. What are the benefits of using a browser to plot graphs?

Using a browser to plot graphs allows for easy and convenient data visualization, as the browser is already a commonly used tool for accessing information. It also eliminates the need for specialized software or programming knowledge.

2. Can a browser handle large and complex datasets for graph plotting?

Yes, modern browsers have powerful computing capabilities and can handle large and complex datasets for graph plotting. Additionally, there are various browser extensions and tools available to optimize graph plotting for large datasets.

3. Are there any limitations to using a browser for graph plotting?

While browsers are capable of handling most graph plotting needs, they may not have all the advanced features and customization options that specialized graph plotting software may offer. Additionally, browsers may have performance limitations when handling extremely large datasets.

4. Do all browsers support graph plotting?

Most modern browsers support graph plotting, but the level of support may vary. It is important to check for browser compatibility before using a specific graph plotting tool or library.

5. How can I learn to plot graphs using a browser?

There are various online resources, tutorials, and courses available to learn how to plot graphs using a browser. Additionally, many graph plotting libraries have detailed documentation and examples to help users get started.