Is This the Best Baklava Ever?

• Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, the conversation revolves around the deliciousness of baklava, a traditional Greek pastry made with phyllo dough and nut filling, often drizzled with honey. Some participants have had it and love it, while others have not and are curious to try it. One person mentions a Wikipedia link to balaclava, a type of headwear, causing some confusion. Overall, the consensus is that baklava is a heavenly treat.

Do YOU love baklava?

• Total voters
rachmaninoff
I just ate the best baklava.

Physics news on Phys.org
Other. (10 chars)

We have an Bulgarian international student visit us occassionally, and one time we made banitsa and baklava according to her mother's recipe. Both were great.

Good baklava is wonderful.

never had. i don't even know what it is. i only know that in aladdin during the genie's song, he mentions it. "What you wish is yours true dish, how bout a little more baklava! try some of column A try all of column B... "

I can eat that 24-7

If it's food, I'll eat it. :tongue2:

Crap, I just remembered that's impossible. :grumpy:

I would eat them almost any time if not for the calories, cavities and expense. They do make a great reward, though.

too sweet! :yuck:

I know what a balaclava is, but wouldn't want to eat it.
Risking the ire of Wikipedia-haters, and preparing myself to get zapped, here's a link to that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaclava

arildno said:
I know what a balaclava is, but wouldn't want to eat it.
Risking the ire of Wikipedia-haters, and preparing myself to get zapped, here's a link to that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaclava
Heh, not exactly the same thing. :biggrin:

Greek baklava made with fresh phistiki is heaven, dripping with fresh honey.. mmmmmmmm

My giagia made the best, but I am biased.

Probably the best thing the ottomans contributed to this world

Monique voted no, everyone throw baklava at her! Ban her from PF right now! I am going to faint!

It's pretty good.

Mmm, I just finished one! (Again!) Nutty, with paper-thin pastry and a glaze of fresh honey...

I think I have only had it maybe once and don't remember it being particularly outstanding. Ofcourse I have no idea if thia was good baklava or not so I just put other.

rachmaninoff said:
Mmm, I just finished one! (Again!) Nutty, with paper-thin pastry and a glaze of fresh honey...
Oooh, yum! My mouth is watering...

1. What are the main ingredients in this baklava?

The main ingredients in this baklava are phyllo dough, nuts (usually walnuts or pistachios), sugar, butter, and syrup (typically a combination of water, sugar, and honey).

2. How is this baklava different from other types of baklava?

This baklava may differ from others in terms of the specific proportions of ingredients used, as well as any additional flavors or spices that may be added. It may also differ in the cooking method and presentation.

3. What makes this baklava the "best"?

The "best" baklava is subjective and can vary depending on personal tastes. However, some possible criteria for this baklava being considered the best may include a perfect balance of sweetness and crunchiness, a rich and buttery flavor, and a visually appealing presentation.

4. Can this baklava be made with alternative ingredients for dietary restrictions?

Yes, it is possible to make this baklava with alternative ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, gluten-free phyllo dough can be used for those who are gluten intolerant, and a sugar substitute can be used for those who need to limit their sugar intake.

5. How should this baklava be stored to maintain its freshness?

This baklava should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life, but it may become slightly soggy due to the moisture. To re-crisp the baklava, it can be briefly reheated in the oven at a low temperature.