Problem with brinell hardness tester

• Thread starter math_1048
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hardness
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an old brinell hardness tester system called "kingscan II" by kingtester.com. The system has been modified with additional components and now reads incorrect values. The user has checked the datasheet for the camera and found no issues, but believes the problem lies with the modifications made by kingtester. They are looking for help in obtaining a manual or information on the data cable to solve the issue. The suggested solution is to request manuals from kingtester's website or to create a custom cable to meet the system's requirements.
math_1048
Hello my friends,
I have a problem with very old brinell hardness tester system called "kingscan II" by
kingtester.com this system contain a Pulnix TM-7CN ccd cam - the cam hacked by adding light source (8 leds), data cable (connect to the serical and parallel port - and viga card with video input plug) , and PC computer, the cam now read wrong values of hardness,
I get the cam datasheet and check it - its ok.
then the problem in hacked part that made by kingtester,but kingtester doesn't support any thing abut this version-kingscan II-.
dears how can I get any sheet about the data cable , or any help to solve this problem?
please help me , thank you very much.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is a Brinell hardness tester and how does it work?

A Brinell hardness tester is a device used to measure the hardness of a material, typically metals. It works by pressing a hardened steel ball into the surface of the material and measuring the diameter of the resulting indentation. The larger the indentation, the softer the material is considered to be.

2. What are some common problems that can occur with a Brinell hardness tester?

Some common problems with a Brinell hardness tester include inaccurate measurements due to operator error or improper calibration, wear and tear on the steel ball or anvil, and contamination of the surface being tested.

3. How can I ensure accurate results when using a Brinell hardness tester?

To ensure accurate results when using a Brinell hardness tester, it is important to follow the recommended procedures and guidelines for operation. This includes properly calibrating the tester, using the correct load and duration for the test, and ensuring the surface being tested is clean and free of any debris or contaminants.

4. What is the difference between a Brinell hardness tester and other types of hardness testers?

The main difference between a Brinell hardness tester and other types of hardness testers, such as Rockwell or Vickers, is the size and shape of the indenter used. Brinell testers use a larger spherical ball, whereas Rockwell and Vickers testers use a smaller, pointed indenter. This can result in different measurement scales and may make Brinell testers more suitable for testing larger, heavier materials.

5. How can I troubleshoot and fix a problem with my Brinell hardness tester?

If you are experiencing issues with your Brinell hardness tester, it is best to consult the manufacturer's manual for troubleshooting and repair instructions. Some common solutions may include cleaning and lubricating the tester, replacing worn parts, or recalibrating the machine. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer or a professional for assistance.