A Question for the administrators

• Thread starter Art
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker received a 3 point infraction for a post regarding Israel's actions in targeting civilians. They believe the warning was unjustified and have reached out to the mentor involved for an explanation. The speaker also expresses their hope for respectful treatment and believes the mentor may have abused their position. The mentor has stated that the reason for the infraction was for stating opinions as facts and the temporary ban was for additional violations. The speaker's attempts to argue the point have not changed the outcome and the mentor consulted with others before taking action.
Art
Just after Christmas I received a 3 point infraction for a post saying if Israel is deliberately targeting civilians it is a war crime. Regardless of the ridiculousness of receiving a warning for posting something both the UN and IIRC have also stated I would like to know how a 3 point infraction translated into an immediate 2 week ban.

I was reluctant to make this public but I have twice PM'd the mentor involved asking about the discrepancy between what the rules say and the punishment meted out but have been ignored.

As a contributing member to this forum I would hope to be treated with at least a modicum of respect and I believe I deserve an answer to a genuine and valid query.

I would hope in a political forum where a mentor holds a different view to others they cannot abuse their positions in a spiteful attack on people who hold opposite viewpoints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I only saw one PM, I just found the other. Art, You were given a reason for the infractions. You were warned not to state opinions as fact and the way you stated them was as fact.

The temporary ban came later for additional violations from new posts after the previous infraction. Your pm's seem to just want to argue the point. I'll pm you but the answer is not going to change. I copied your posts into the mentor's forum for discussion before action was taken.

1. What is the purpose of "A Question for the administrators"?

The purpose of "A Question for the administrators" is to provide a forum for users to ask questions or voice concerns to the administrators of a website or organization.

2. How can I submit a question for the administrators?

To submit a question for the administrators, you can usually find a designated form or email address on the website or contact the organization directly.

3. Are all questions submitted to the administrators answered?

It depends on the specific policies and resources of the website or organization. Some may have a dedicated team to answer all questions, while others may only respond to certain types of inquiries.

4. Can I expect a timely response to my question?

Again, this depends on the policies and resources of the website or organization. Some may have a specific response time, while others may have a backlog of questions and may take longer to respond.

5. Is there a limit to the number of questions I can submit to the administrators?

This also varies depending on the website or organization. Some may have a limit to prevent spam or overwhelming the administrators, while others may have an open policy for submitting multiple questions.