Finding Values of k for 6k2+4k in the Form 6ab+5a+b?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding values for k that will make the expression 6k2+4k equal to the form 6ab+5a+b. It is suggested that any rational number for k will work, and an example using k=1 is given. However, it is clarified that a cannot be 0, but can be any positive integer, while b can be greater than or equal to 0.
chhitiz
can somebody please tell me if there is any way to find all values of k for which 6k2+4k is of form 6ab+5a+b? eg. for k=1, 6k2+4k=10=6x0x2+5x2+0

Physics news on Phys.org
I might have misunderstood the question, but Based on what you made a=2 and b=0. Can you give them any value you want?
In that case can't you always make a=0, b= (6K 2 +4k)?
So that 6k2+4k is always of the form 6ab+5a+b, where K is any rational number.
eg. for k=1, 6k2+4k=10=6x0x10+5x0+10
Or should I just go back to my lunch:wink:

yeah sorry about that, but a can't be 0. has to be a integer>0. b,though can be >=0

What is the first step in solving a problem?

The first step in solving a problem is to clearly define the problem and understand what is being asked. This will help you determine the necessary information and steps needed to find a solution.

How do I come up with ideas for solving a problem?

To come up with ideas for solving a problem, you can brainstorm, research similar problems and solutions, consult with others, and think critically about the problem from different perspectives. It can also be helpful to break the problem down into smaller parts and tackle them one at a time.

What should I do if I get stuck while trying to solve a problem?

If you get stuck while trying to solve a problem, take a step back and reassess the information and steps you have taken so far. You can also try approaching the problem from a different angle or seeking help from others. Don't be afraid to take a break and come back to the problem with a fresh perspective.

How do I know if my solution to a problem is valid?

To determine if your solution to a problem is valid, you can check it against the criteria or requirements that were given for the problem. You can also test your solution and see if it produces the expected results. It can also be helpful to get feedback from others to ensure your solution is logical and effective.

What can I do to improve my problem-solving skills?

To improve your problem-solving skills, you can practice regularly, seek out challenging problems, and learn from your mistakes. You can also read and learn about different problem-solving techniques and strategies, and apply them to various problems. Collaborating with others can also help you develop your problem-solving skills.