M$ Takes Action Against Modded Xboxes: An Awesome Game Review

In summary, M$ has implemented new precautions for Xbox Live to detect modded consoles by checking for a standard 8 GB hard drive and proper operating system. This has resulted in many modded consoles, even those with chips that turn off, being banned from Xbox Live. The motivation behind this move was to target French players who were causing trouble. Despite this issue, the game itself is still considered awesome. However, those with modded consoles may need to purchase a new one for a relatively cheap price. Some individuals have encountered issues with their modded consoles, such as being unable to play burned DVDs.
Tom McCurdy
M$ came up with a whole bunch of new precautions for xbox live that is able to detect if an xbox is modded. It looks to see if the harddrive is still the standard 8 gb and that it is running the proper operating system. Thus almost all xboxes... even ones with chips that turn off were baned with live. M$ wanted to get back at those french playing fools... Anyway the game itself is awesome. I have already beat it once.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ha- Looks like my friend is in trouble!
he already added a 20 gb hard drive to his xbox. (It's so he can save full games t it)

Damn French, they're at it again :biggrin:

If you have a modded box then just get a new one for $130-150. It's pretty cheap nowadays

yeah my friend had modded with 120 gig harddrive

he looked on forums before signing on
so he didn't get banned

My roomate has a modded box so he can play burned games but now it can't play burned dvds. I don't know if this is abnormal, But it may be worth noting.

1. What is a "modded Xbox"?

A "modded Xbox" refers to an Xbox console that has been modified, either through software or hardware, to allow it to play illegally downloaded or pirated games.

2. Why is M$ taking action against modded Xboxes?

M$ (Microsoft) is taking action against modded Xboxes to protect their intellectual property and prevent piracy of their games. Modded Xboxes also violate the terms of use for Xbox Live, the online gaming service for Xbox consoles.

3. Can I still play legitimate games on a modded Xbox?

Yes, you can still play legitimate games on a modded Xbox. However, there is a risk of getting your console banned from Xbox Live if you are caught using unauthorized software or hardware modifications.

4. Are there any legal consequences for using a modded Xbox?

Yes, there can be legal consequences for using a modded Xbox. In addition to violating the terms of use for Xbox Live, using a modded Xbox to play pirated games is considered copyright infringement and can result in legal action.

5. Is modding an Xbox illegal?

Modding an Xbox itself is not illegal, but using it to play pirated games or violating the terms of use for Xbox Live can have legal consequences. It is important to only use legitimate software and hardware modifications on your Xbox.