Watch "Living for the Apocalypse" Tonight at 10 on TLC

• Thread starter Ftheog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apocalypse
In summary, tonight at 10:00 on TLC, the show will feature a family from a previous episode discussing preparation for the apocalypse. The family seems to have a limited understanding of what an apocalypse entails, and one member expresses concern about their reliance on gas masks. However, another person suggests that a bucket of popcorn might be a more useful survival tool. Overall, the conversation highlights the need for a realistic understanding of potential disasters and the limitations of certain preparations.
Ftheog
tonight at 10:00 on tlc

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/livin-for-the-apocalypse-gas-mask.html"

I find it interesting the same family is on as last time, Hi EVO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ftheog said:
tonight at 10:00 on tlc

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/livin-for-the-apocalypse-gas-mask.html"

I find it interesting the same family is on as last time, Hi EVO!
Hey Ftheog! Is this going to get me riled up? I'm not feeling well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Hey Ftheog! Is this going to get me riled up? I'm not feeling well.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are well

Ftheog said:
Sorry to hear that. Hope you are well
I'll live I hope.

I miss hearing from you, you're pretty smart.

"Quite honestly I do not think my kids understand the apocalypse coming."

Quite honestly, I do not think the lady understands the nature of the term "apocalypse" as in "cosmic cataclysm." I don't think gas masks will help.

On the other hand, a large bucket of hot-buttered popcorn...

People can have a false sense of security about gas masks. If there is any kind of smoke or fire involved the masks will not keep out carbon monoxide.

1. What is "Living for the Apocalypse" about?

"Living for the Apocalypse" is a television show on TLC that follows the lives of a group of people who are preparing for the end of the world. They are known as "preppers" and have dedicated their lives to stockpiling supplies, building bunkers, and honing survival skills in anticipation of a catastrophic event.

2. Is "Living for the Apocalypse" based on real people?

Yes, "Living for the Apocalypse" features real preppers and their families who have agreed to be filmed and share their experiences and preparations for the end of the world. However, some aspects of the show may be dramatized for entertainment purposes.

3. What is the purpose of prepping for the apocalypse?

The purpose of prepping for the apocalypse is to be prepared for any potential catastrophic event, such as natural disasters, economic collapse, or societal breakdown. Preppers believe that by being prepared, they can increase their chances of survival and protect their families in the event of a major disaster.

4. How do preppers acquire their supplies?

Preppers acquire their supplies through various means, such as purchasing them from survival stores, growing their own food, or trading with other preppers. Some may also participate in activities like hunting and fishing to gather food and resources.

5. Is prepping for the apocalypse necessary?

There is no right or wrong answer to this question as it ultimately depends on an individual's beliefs and fears. While some may see prepping as a necessary precaution, others may view it as unnecessary and extreme. However, it is important to be prepared for any potential disasters, regardless of one's beliefs about the apocalypse.