Which Free POP Email Providers Are Compatible with Thunderbird?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, the conversation is about finding a new email provider that supports POP3 access. The speaker mentions wanting to change their email address and use Thunderbird, and asks for recommendations for free POP3 providers or if they should use Yahoo with a third-party program. Another person suggests Gmail, which now has POP access, and offers to send an invitation. They also share a website where they have found new POP providers.
mattmns
I have been wanting to change my email address, for everything, and because I am going to do this, I want to be able to use thunderbird. (I never used outlook express, always used web based) So, are there any great free pop3 email providers out there? Or should I just use yahoo email, and a program like YPoPs! or MrPostman? Thanks

edit.. btw I am guessing this thread should go here, not really sure where else it would go :smile:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Gmail is one (it didn't have POP access to start with, but it does now). If you want an invite, let me know!

Cool, sure I would like an invite please.

I want Gmail too :smile:

What are some good free pop email providers?

Some good free pop email providers include Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com, Zoho Mail, and AOL Mail.

What features should I look for in a good free pop email provider?

Some important features to look for include a user-friendly interface, reliable and secure email delivery, sufficient storage space, and spam filtering capabilities.

Are there any limitations to using a free pop email provider?

Yes, most free pop email providers have limitations such as a smaller storage space, limited customer support, and advertisements within the email interface.

Can I access my email from different devices with a free pop email provider?

Yes, most free pop email providers offer the ability to access your email from different devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers.

Are there any risks associated with using a free pop email provider?

There is always a risk when using any type of email provider, but most reputable free pop email providers have security measures in place to protect your data. However, it is always important to use a strong password and be cautious of suspicious emails.