Looking for Post on Uniform Acceleration in Relativity

In summary, the conversation is about a user trying to find a post they didn't bookmark on the Physics Forum that discussed uniform accelerated motion in relativistic terms. They are asking if anyone knows the thread or if they have any suggestions for finding it. The term "forumites" is not a slur and the user offers some search suggestions.
qraal
Hi Physics Forumites
I have tried to find a post which I didn't bookmark - foolish me. It discussed uniform accelerated motion in relativistic terms and, unusually, incorporated initial velocities, all in very nice LaTeX. I have scanned a bunch of threads on rocket motion, but can't find it again!
Does anyone know the thread I mean?

Physics news on Phys.org
'forumites'..is that a slur of somekind? if so, i have been called worse, even in these forums...

Do you know the date of the initial post? or the originator?
Someone also said go to your "MY PF" ...somehow you can locate threads that way...maybe if you posted in them...BenCrowell had made that suggestion to someone recnetly...
[It's pretty funny that I, who can never find the thread I want, is offering search suggestions!]

No slur.
If I knew the date...
Naty1 said:
'forumites'..is that a slur of somekind? if so, i have been called worse, even in these forums...

Do you know the date of the initial post? or the originator?
Someone also said go to your "MY PF" ...somehow you can locate threads that way...maybe if you posted in them...BenCrowell had made that suggestion to someone recnetly...
[It's pretty funny that I, who can never find the thread I want, is offering search suggestions!]

1. What is post on uniform acceleration in relativity?

Post on uniform acceleration in relativity refers to the concept in the theory of relativity that states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion. This means that the laws of physics do not change based on an observer's frame of reference.

2. How does uniform acceleration affect time and space in relativity?

In relativity, uniform acceleration affects time and space through the concepts of time dilation and length contraction. Time dilation refers to the slowing down of time for an observer in motion relative to another observer. Length contraction, on the other hand, refers to the shortening of an object's length in the direction of motion as perceived by an observer in relative motion.

3. What is the difference between uniform acceleration and non-uniform acceleration in relativity?

The main difference between uniform acceleration and non-uniform acceleration in relativity is that uniform acceleration occurs at a constant rate, while non-uniform acceleration occurs at a changing rate. In relativity, both types of acceleration can affect time and space, but the effects of non-uniform acceleration are more complex and require advanced mathematical calculations.

4. Can uniform acceleration occur in a vacuum?

Yes, uniform acceleration can occur in a vacuum. In fact, this is a key principle in the theory of relativity. In a vacuum, an object will continue to accelerate at a constant rate, regardless of its mass or velocity, until it reaches the speed of light. This is known as the principle of equivalence in relativity.

5. How is uniform acceleration related to the theory of general relativity?

In the theory of general relativity, uniform acceleration is related to the concept of gravitational acceleration. According to general relativity, the force of gravity is equivalent to the force of acceleration. This means that an observer in a gravitational field will experience the same effects as an observer in uniform acceleration, such as time dilation and length contraction.