Being All-Knowing would be

• Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date
In summary, the author argues that the increasing intelligence of beings decreases their pleasure quotient. They also argue that artificial intelligence will eventually become God-like, and that this will be called the Oracle.
Blahness
Dull enough to drive a being insane.

Wouldn't it?

Physics news on Phys.org
The amount of pleasure that can be gained from using intelligence seems to go upwards with the amount of intelligence one has, as opposed to downwards. Of course, we can't really extrapolate this all the way up to an all-knowing God but I suspect that our minds would be much duller (more like an ant's in comparison) so we probably shouldn't assume too much about any God that might exist.

Last edited:
Eventually The square law of technology and information will make artificial intelligence as GOD in about a thousand years or so. Some argue this, but it is inevitable as long as Technology continues. It will be called the Oracle to some and GOD to others and the most advanced intelligent being in the Universe to some, Possibly bordering on Quantum entanglement of an intellectual artificial being, Possibly made of Quantum light intelligence, Science fiction, Maybe. We make our own GODs. Science will make them better, There will be a time when scientist ask AI for answers that are to hard to figure out.

It would make for a good book.

Last edited:
It would suck I bet. Theres no great feeling to doing something only God can do because since you're God, you already know how it feels :P

Since you know everything, why do anything?

Omniscience is boring. >_<

Blahness said:
Dull enough to drive a being insane.

Wouldn't it?
I have the feeling you are basing this on a personal experience of having discovered all you wanted to know about one subject or another, and having satisfied your curiosity about it, now find it no longer holds your interest.

Nope, common logic.

If you know everything(past, present, and future), why bother with it?

(By the way, have you figured out where to place this topic, mods?)

Last edited:
Blahness said:
Nope, common logic.

If you know everything(past, present, and future), why bother with it?

I think that would be the case only if you were a victim of bordom.

Bordom may be a mental disorder which I don't see a superior being having.

If you know everything, then you now how to induce selective memory failure. So you have your own solution.

I am all knowing, and my mistakes prove it.

pattylou said:
I am all knowing, and my mistakes prove it.
Of course you are. :biggrin: I'm all powerful, and my weaknesses prove it.

Blahness said:
Since you know everything, why do anything?
Only boring people get bored.

Who says there is all knowing? Maybe there is no concievable upper limit. Maybe we are someone else's ants milling around the ant farm. What would an ant do if it was capable of understanding everything that encompasses the earth? I bet he wouldn't be bored.

What does it mean to be All-Knowing?

Being All-Knowing means having complete knowledge and understanding of everything that exists, has existed, and will exist. It means having an infinite amount of knowledge and never being surprised or caught off guard.

Is it possible for a human to be All-Knowing?

No, it is not possible for a human to be All-Knowing. As humans, we have limited capabilities and can only retain a certain amount of information. Our brains have a finite capacity, and we are constantly learning and discovering new things.

What are the implications of being All-Knowing?

The implications of being All-Knowing are vast and complex. On one hand, it could bring great power and influence, as one would have the ability to predict and control outcomes. On the other hand, it could also bring isolation and a lack of empathy, as one would already know everything and have no need for human connections or emotions.

Can a being truly be All-Knowing or is it just a concept?

This is a philosophical question that has been debated for centuries. Some argue that an All-Knowing being is impossible, as it would create contradictions and paradoxes. Others believe that a divine being, such as a god, could possess this trait. Ultimately, it is up to individual beliefs and interpretations.

Would being All-Knowing make someone infallible?

Not necessarily. Being All-Knowing means having all knowledge, but it does not necessarily mean having all wisdom or making perfect decisions. Just because one knows everything does not mean they cannot make mistakes or have flaws. In fact, some may argue that the ability to make mistakes and learn from them is a sign of true wisdom.