Need help understanding the "signal" wire.

by MinnesotaState
Tags: signal, wire
MinnesotaState
Aug24-13, 08:45 PM
P: 31
My servo,

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...G-SERVO/1.html

Not sure if this servo requires AC or DC power. What I really want to understand is the signal wire; specifically how changing the input value either increases or decreases the speed of the servo. I speak of input value because I do not know if the EMF or the I is changing. I'd assume that the EMF would remain constant & the change I would be responsible for change in speed of the servo.

Perhaps it's best that I understand how a varistor works? With a varistor, the + & - leads have completed the circuit. You change the flow via screwdriver or such. You can think of turning the screwdriver as your signal, correct? How does this work? To me, it's either you complete the circuit or you don't.

Btw, I believe the servo requires AC. I standard 9Vdc didn't work. I ran the signal to positive...
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Fiber-optic microscope will help physicians detect cancer, diseases at early stages
Wind tunnel tests support improved aerodynamic design of B61-12 bomb
Smart sensor technology to combat indoor air pollution
davenn
Aug24-13, 11:19 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,241
it requires 6V DC did you not read what it said on the page ?

the signal wire usually is an output from the motor ... the few servo motors I have worked with produce a pulsing signal on this line that is sent back to the motor drive circuit.
If you connected it to power you may have damaged it ??
the 9VDC may have also damaged it ?

Dave
rbelli1
Aug25-13, 01:30 PM
P: 12
That is a standard hobby server. The control signal is a PWM input that sets the position of the arm.

How RC Servos Works

BoB

Register to reply