Convert Your Car to Run on Water: Plans, Drawings, and Reviews"

In summary, this person is interested in converting an engine to run on water, but is worried about the feasibility of the project and whether or not it is practical. They are also interested in car engines, and would like to learn more about them.
Furthermore, using an electrolytic cell to make H2 and O2 from water, and then burning the H2 as a fuel gets you nowhere. You will not get out more energy from the combustion than it took to perform the electrolysis, so any claim to use an electrolytic cell followed by combustion as a feasible motor is bogus.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Surfing for ma'at?

Hi, saad,

saad ahmed khan said:
hello every one
while surfing i came across this site
http://netmar.com/~maat/archive/feb2/carplans.htm

[...]

i would like all of you to help me and yourselves think about the savings we could make

saad ahmed khan said:
i said i had just begun a mechanical engineering course
this water as a fuel does appear to be a myth hence the myth busters
and from the replies......i guess that water as a fuel will remain a dream

I hope you don't think we're picking on you because PF members expressed some surprise about your query.

Might I offer a few pointers to avoid being misled in future?

1. As you mentioned, it would be truly wonderful if there were a simple and effective solution to the world's energy problems. We have a saying in the U.S. (and no doubt other parts of the world), "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Basically, the greater the consequences if some claim were true, the more diligent you should be about checking into said claim.

2. A simple trick for websurfing: bookmark http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en and when you find a website like this, enter the domain name (and in this case, "maat" as an additional search word entered in the "exact phrase" pane), which should take you to this page, which should list almost everything the Google spider has found at "netmar.com/~maat": http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&..._sitesearch=netmar.com&as_rights=&safe=images. Now glancing just at the Google blurbs of the first few pages, it is evident that this is a "new age spirituality" site, not a science or engineering site. Such websites not infrequently feature the most absurd pseudoscience to be found anywhere, such as alleged "water cars". With a bit more googling, you can also see that the same author is associated with "drunvalo.net" and "spiritofmaat.com" (a New Age UFO/spirtuality type newsletter), and so on.

I often have trouble convincing my peers that websites like the one you found might pose a genuine threat to serious students who are genuinely misled. I'd like to cite this thread (it would be one of many examples), but unfortunately you used (I guess) your real name...well, please PM me if you have strong objections.

By the way, as some of you may already know, "ma'at" was one of the most "loaded" words in ancient Egyptian, with connotations of "truth", "justice", "rectitude" (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma'at, which, as of early January actually seems pretty good, unlike many WP articles touching on subjects which have been rather hijacked by the "New Age" movement in the English speaking world. Speaking as someone who has studied Middle Egyptian in a desultory way.) In the context of promoting an idea which has led to fraud convictions in the U.S. (see for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyers) this struck me as a fairly ironic circumstance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put another way, the ground state energy configuration of a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen is what we call "water." By definition, you cannot get any energy from it without introducing other elements (e.g., sodium metal).

Hi manchot
I don't understand why you people don't believe in the fact that water could be use as a fuel to run cars.From the technology developing in the todays world everything is possible

The electrolysis of water produces a Hydroxy gas that can be used a s a fuel.That is what called as a HHO fuel kit.

You know what,This not only help us also to save the cost of fuel but also increases the mileage .As the byproduct of the reaction that causes energy is H2O steam and unburnt O2, it will be doing the duty of cleaning up the environment rather than polluting it, as more oxygen is let out into the atmosphere. Thus making your engine calmer, quieter which will last longer and reducing your maintenance costs. It also Increases the gas mileage by at least 40% and boosts the performance of the car

I just came across this site [crackpot link deleted] when I was searching for this topic.There is a lot useful information in this.

Hope i will get a feedback from you people

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, jon, we don't allow crackpottery here. You really need to learn some real science. What those sites claim is easily debunked with high-school level chemistry and physics.

That site even adds the extra crackpot claim that it exhausts oxygen!