Gun Safety Classes: Don't Take One From This Guy

In summary, a link was shared, discussing the importance of gun safety. A video was shown of a man dry firing a gun in a room full of children, breaking the first rule of assuming a gun is always loaded. The conversation also mentions previous gun safety classes and the importance of responsible instruction.
edward
Don't take one from this guy. This link has been around for a while, but this may be a good time for a refresher view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes kids, listen to the expert! The first rule is that one always assumes that a gun is loaded, but he was dry firing the gun in a room full of kids. That guy is an idiot.

Oh no these threads just won't go away :tongue2:

My guns safety classes in junior high were basically just learning how to distinguish between different types of guns eg actions, how to load and unload them, make them safe, and finally how to shoot them. My instructors were great, unlike the one in the clip. One on one instruction, you do something stupid and you're done no second chances.

Ivan Seeking said:
The first rule is that one always assumes that a gun is loaded, but he was dry firing the gun in a room full of kids. That guy is an idiot.

Haha no kidding. That is probably the first thing I ever learned about guns when I was only like 5 or so.

1. What makes this particular gun safety class different from others?

This gun safety class is taught by an unqualified individual who is not certified or trained in firearm safety. Taking a class from someone who lacks the necessary knowledge and experience can be dangerous and ineffective.

2. How can I ensure that the gun safety class I take is legitimate?

It is important to research the instructor and the organization offering the gun safety class. Look for certifications and accreditations from trusted sources, such as the National Rifle Association (NRA) or state-approved training programs.

3. Are there any red flags to watch out for when considering a gun safety class?

Yes, some red flags to watch out for include unqualified instructors, lack of certifications or accreditations, and overly cheap or free classes. These could indicate that the class is not legitimate and may not teach important safety information.

4. What are the most important topics that should be covered in a gun safety class?

A legitimate gun safety class should cover topics such as safe handling and storage of firearms, basic shooting techniques, and firearm laws and regulations. In addition, the class should emphasize the importance of responsible gun ownership and the potential consequences of mishandling a firearm.

5. Can I take a gun safety class online or should it be done in person?

It is recommended to take a gun safety class in person, as it allows for hands-on training and immediate feedback from an instructor. However, some online courses may be legitimate if they are offered by a reputable organization and include interactive components.