Get PHP Coding Help for Beginners | Troubleshooting Tips

In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with translating code to a webpage and running it through a web server using Apache and XAMPP. It is recommended to drop the PHP file in the Apache site root and ensure that both Apache and MySQL are installed and configured correctly. Additional configuration may be necessary for Apache to interpret .php files properly.
sean1234
I am just starting out with this and am having trouble getting the code to translate to a webpage. It is not really clear as to how this is to be done. I have created a basic program in notepad, saved it as .php and have attempted to open in IE but get a message that says something about not having the proper devices to run it.

Also I have attempted to run it through XAMPP, but have received errors about SQL syntax or something along those lines. I would appreciate any input on this matter.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I installed apache on my computer though I am still seeing these problems. Should I be able to run the program through IE with Apache?

You should drop the php file in your Apache site root and access it via IE as http://localhost/myphpfile.php

If the PHP file uses SQL you also need to have MySQL installed and configured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apache also needs to have PHP installed and you may have to add some stuff to the Apache config file so it knows to use PHP to interpret .php files.

What is PHP coding?

PHP is a server-side scripting language used for creating dynamic and interactive web pages. It is commonly used for building websites and web applications.

Who can benefit from PHP coding help for beginners?

Anyone who is new to PHP coding and wants to learn the basics can benefit from PHP coding help for beginners. This can include students, aspiring web developers, and anyone looking to add web development skills to their repertoire.

What are some common troubleshooting tips for PHP coding?

1. Make sure your code is properly formatted and follows the correct syntax.2. Check for typos and spelling errors.3. Use debugging tools to identify and fix any errors in your code.4. Check for compatibility issues with your server and PHP version.5. Refer to online resources and forums for assistance from experienced PHP developers.

How can I improve my PHP coding skills?

1. Practice regularly by working on coding projects.2. Experiment with different coding techniques and try to solve complex problems.3. Read books and online tutorials to learn new concepts and techniques.4. Collaborate with other developers and participate in coding communities.5. Review and analyze your own code to identify areas for improvement.

Are there any online resources for PHP coding help?

Yes, there are many online resources available for PHP coding help, including tutorials, forums, and coding communities. Some popular websites for PHP coding help include W3Schools, Stack Overflow, and Codecademy.