Power Devil Mower Won't Start: Help Needed

• Thread starter Powerdevil
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a person's issue with their power devil mower not starting due to the spark plug being covered in oil. They ask for help but are met with criticism and lack of response from others. Eventually, the person is able to fix the issue but is still met with negative comments.
Powerdevil
Can anyone help please,i have a power devil mower that won't start,when i take the spark plug out it is always covered in oil but i don't know how to stop this,Any idears please

Engineering news on Phys.org
Wow I am underwelmed with all your help,,,,Got it fixed Now so Jog on

I am astounded that you could not find a "small engine" forum somewhere that would be filled with people eager to work on a lawn mower. That is not our specialty. Sorry.

Saturday afternoon ... the people in here who know about this stuff were out cutting their lawns :wink:

So, what was the fix?

Powerdevil, I'm underwelmed by your arrogant expectation that you'd have a response on how to fix a lawnmower within 4 hours.

Yea, you have to relax we have lives too. We are not here to wait on your needs souley. By the way doesn't it seem like Power Devil mowers are having problems because another guy wrote in about a Power Devil too.

It was the same guy, he just posted multiple questions asking the same thing.

1. Why won't my power devil mower start?

There could be several reasons why your power devil mower won't start. Some common causes include a dirty air filter, clogged fuel filter, or a spark plug that needs to be replaced. It could also be an issue with the carburetor or fuel system.

2. How can I troubleshoot my power devil mower that won't start?

First, check the air filter and fuel filter to make sure they are clean and not clogged. Then, try replacing the spark plug. If these steps do not solve the issue, it could be a problem with the carburetor or fuel system. You may need to take it to a professional for further troubleshooting.

3. What should I do if my power devil mower still won't start after troubleshooting?

If your power devil mower still won't start after troubleshooting, you may need to take it to a professional for repairs. They will have the tools and knowledge to diagnose and fix any underlying issues with your mower.

4. How often should I maintain my power devil mower to prevent starting issues?

Regular maintenance is crucial for keeping your power devil mower in good working condition. It is recommended to clean or replace the air filter every 25 hours of use, replace the spark plug every season, and change the oil at least once a year.

5. Can I prevent my power devil mower from having starting issues in the future?

While some starting issues are inevitable, you can prevent them by regularly maintaining your mower and storing it properly. Avoid leaving it outside in harsh weather conditions and make sure to use fresh fuel to prevent clogs in the fuel system.