Validate a bachelor of physics from south america (uruguay) to europe / america

In summary: In summary, Barton Zwiebach did a physics Ph.D. in the U.S. (at Cal Tech with Murray Gell-Mann) after studying in South America (engineering in Peru).
maurre
Hi...

I am thinking about following my studies in europe or america and i really don't know (and I've no found information on internet about it either) if i can validate my bachelor/degree/PhD from my uni here, to an european or american one; because my possibilities are limited here, to be physicist is not a well-known career, and how you can deduce there're not a lot of jobs involve in the most important fields of the market here and less the ones i'd like to keep on studying, my only chance here is to be a professor practically, but i don't like teaching at all, i'd prefer to research or to be in charge of quality controls

if someone passed by the same situation and does not mind guide me through
i would be very grateful, thanks! i really appreciate it

(i also apologize because my english is not good enough and I've probably made a lot of mistakes in my post)

Physics news on Phys.org
maurre said:
Hi...

I am thinking about following my studies in europe or america and i really don't know (and I've no found information on internet about it either) if i can validate my bachelor/degree/PhD from my uni here, to an european or american one; because my possibilities are limited here, to be physicist is not a well-known career, and how you can deduce there're not a lot of jobs involve in the most important fields of the market here and less the ones i'd like to keep on studying, my only chance here is to be a professor practically, but i don't like teaching at all, i'd prefer to research or to be in charge of quality controls

if someone passed by the same situation and does not mind guide me through
i would be very grateful, thanks! i really appreciate it

(i also apologize because my english is not good enough and I've probably made a lot of mistakes in my post)

Hi Maurre!

Welcome to PhysicsForums. I found two links that I hope will be of help to you in your search:

Recognition of Foreign Qualifications in the US

http://www.hero.ac.uk/uk/studying/international_students__guide/comparing_qualifications.cfm

Even if it doesn't give you exactly what you want (I didn't study it intensively) then I believe it might be a good place to start looking.

Hope that helps!

PS: Your English is fine...it doesn't matter if you make a couple of mistakes as long as people can understand you :smile: Also remember that there are many people who can speak only one language :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks! it's been very helpful

phyzmatix said:
Hi Maurre!

Welcome to PhysicsForums. I found two links that I hope will be of help to you in your search:

Recognition of Foreign Qualifications in the US

http://www.hero.ac.uk/uk/studying/international_students__guide/comparing_qualifications.cfm

Even if it doesn't give you exactly what you want (I didn't study it intensively) then I believe it might be a good place to start looking.
OMG, thank you very much, I am just about to finish a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering and looking to continue my studies abroad (I was firstly thinking about the US, but the processes and eligibility requirements are such a pain in the but, so I decided to go to the UK, where it is legal to work as a student (unlike the US), and I've been looking for a site like this. Too bad this website never showed up at my searches ... it's been VERY helpful, thank you VERY MUCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
maurre said:
Many thanks! it's been very helpful

Eliva said:
OMG, thank you very much, I am just about to finish a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering and looking to continue my studies abroad (I was firstly thinking about the US, but the processes and eligibility requirements are such a pain in the but, so I decided to go to the UK, where it is legal to work as a student (unlike the US), and I've been looking for a site like this. Too bad this website never showed up at my searches ... it's been VERY helpful, thank you VERY MUCH!

Glad to be of service! :biggrin:

Barton Zwiebach, a well respected MIT faculty member), is an example of someone who did a physics Ph.D. in the U.S. (at Cal Tech with Murray Gell-Mann) after studying in South America (engineering in Peru).

http://web.mit.edu/physics/facultyandstaff/faculty/barton_zwiebach.html

1. Can a bachelor of physics from South America (Uruguay) be recognized in Europe or America?

Yes, a bachelor of physics from South America (Uruguay) can be recognized in Europe or America. However, the recognition process may vary depending on the country and institution. It is important to research the specific requirements and procedures for obtaining recognition in the desired destination.

2. What documents are needed to validate a bachelor of physics from South America to Europe or America?

The required documents may vary, but typically the following are needed: official transcripts from the university attended, a copy of the degree or diploma, course descriptions, and a statement of accreditation from the university. It is also recommended to have these documents translated into the language of the destination country.

3. How long does the validation process take?

The validation process can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months, depending on the country and institution. Some countries may require additional examinations or courses to be completed, which can extend the timeline.

4. Will the bachelor of physics from South America be recognized as equivalent to a degree from the destination country?

It is possible for the bachelor of physics from South America to be recognized as equivalent to a degree from the destination country, but this is not guaranteed. Each institution and country has its own evaluation process, and the outcome may vary.

5. Are there any additional steps required after the validation process?

After the validation process, you may need to apply for a work permit or visa in order to work or study in the destination country. It is important to research and follow the necessary steps to legally work or study in the country where the degree has been validated.