UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Government
In summary: Leslie Kean has written the book to prove them right. She takes us on a compelling journey from the earliest reports of unidentified flying objects to the most recent revelations, and she presents the evidence in an intelligent, well-organized, and convincing manner. I highly recommend UFOs to anyone with an interest in this complex and controversial topic.” —Donald E. Keyhoe, Ph.D., Former Director, USAF Scientific Advisory Committee In summary, Leslie Kean's new book investigates the phenomenon of UFOs and presents evidence that suggests the US government is aware of them and has been involved in some way.
nlsherrill said:
Pardon me for not reading through all 44 pages of this thread, but who has actually read this book? I heard from multiple sources it is actually pretty good.

I've read it. I believe I gave it a brief review somewhere around page 3 of this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dotini said:
The sighting began when my brother noticed a light in the sky. He called our attention to it, and this is what we all saw: a softly glowing ball of light, moving slowly and silently, apparently over the water, at a position slightly to the north of us. The light was basically white, but slightly tinged orange, appeared bigger than planets or stars, but smaller than the moon. The edges of the object were fuzzy and indistinct, and not sharp.

Shortly, the object seemed to split in two, but did so such that the two objects were of a size no different that the original object. One of the objects was now of a different color. Over the next approximately 20 minutes, this process of the objects dividing was repeated several times. What resulted was approximately ten objects, all of different colors. The objects continued to move slowly, but making occasional sharp 90 degree turns. They all appeared to be more or less over the water, spreading out from north to south, making distinctive zig-zagging movements. At one point, some of the objects appeared to be over the restricted area of the sub base.

The sighting ended when the objects slowly began to merge together again, into what seemed to be the original object at its original location. At the end, the light seemed to turn off or blink out.

I ran across a video which seems to replicate many of the features of my own sighting back in '64: a glowing ball of light splits into many, then shortly merges back into one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcXDWObNkc&feature=related

Of course its impossible to qualify this particular video as real or faked, but it does look much like what I saw. I was intrigued to note the cumulonimbus clouds seen at the start. Since thunderclouds hold the potential for energetic discharges beyond lightning, including ball lightning and gamma ray generating electron beams, these clouds may be a clue as to the nature and energy source of whatever it is we are seeing. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/fermi-thunderstorms.html

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
nlsherrill said:
Pardon me for not reading through all 44 pages of this thread, but who has actually read this book? I heard from multiple sources it is actually pretty good.

Are you sure that you actually read the book? You will have to upload your photo where you are handing the book to pass the first filter :)

Hmm. I can say that I have read the book. It is pretty good. Most of the events chosen apparently have good eye witness testimony, and evidence of effected avionics systems. There are some evaluations of those events that attribute the avionics effects to incompetence on the part of the pilots/operators.

I also knew one of the witnesses. Fairly serious guy. Officer, decently educated, pretty sharp, good manager. Not much of a sense of humor, even with a couple of beers in him.

Never seen a UFO in my life. Have seen way too many airplanes at way too close a distance in the air. Near misses aren't much fun.

Last edited:
Dr_Zinj said:
I also knew one of the witnesses. Fairly serious guy. Officer, decently educated, pretty sharp, good manager. Not much of a sense of humor, even with a couple of beers in him.

Interesting. Are you referring maybe to Jafari? (or Halt - after some checking)

Col Halt. He's long retired now. He's currently running some gated retirement community down in Florida if I remember correctly. I worked for, and had almost daily contact with, him for a year back in 1986 in Belgium. People can change a lot in 30 years, but not usually.