Is Game of Thrones Worth Watching in Norway?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, a TV series is being aired in Norway that is not easily accessible. The conversation participants have mixed opinions, with one person enjoying the books and others recommending it strongly. The main speaker has not watched it yet, but is interested in the fantasy elements. The conversation then takes a turn towards misdirected aggression and personal preferences in TV series.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
In Norway, they are sending this series on a TV channel nobody has access to (at least, I don't)

Am I missing anything? (I quite liked the books)

Physics news on Phys.org
Everyone that I know said "WATCH IT OR DIE!"

I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds good.

Penguino: die.

DaveC426913 said:
Why ought the penguin stop flapping just because you didn't like the series? :confused:

That is misdirected aggression on your part..

DaveC426913 said:

:confused: :cry:

At first, I didn't pay much attention to it. Later, I saw few episodes. I am a fan of fantasy so as soon as I saw some non-cheesy magic I liked it a bit. So far, it's ok. I don't think is that great, but then again I don't even like True Blood. I am more of a Sitcom series follower.

1. Is "Game of Thrones" scientifically accurate?

No, "Game of Thrones" is a fantasy series and does not strive for scientific accuracy. It contains supernatural elements and fantastical creatures that do not exist in the real world.

2. How does "Game of Thrones" compare to real historical events?

"Game of Thrones" is loosely based on real historical events, such as the War of the Roses, but it also includes many fictional elements. It should not be used as a source for understanding real historical events.

3. Are the weapons and armor in "Game of Thrones" realistic?

The weapons and armor in "Game of Thrones" are not entirely realistic as they often defy the laws of physics and are exaggerated for dramatic effect. However, they do draw inspiration from real historical weapons and armor.

4. How does "Game of Thrones" portray science and technology?

"Game of Thrones" is set in a medieval-like world with limited scientific and technological advancements. While some elements may be based on real science and technology of the time, others are purely fictional.

5. Can we learn anything scientifically from "Game of Thrones"?

"Game of Thrones" is not intended to teach scientific concepts. However, it may spark interest in certain topics, such as medieval warfare and dragon biology, which can be further explored in real science.