Did You Vote for Barbie's Next Career?

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, Barbie has a new career as a Computer Engineer, and the results were announced before February 12th. Some people were hoping for a grumpy IT Support Barbie, but are still excited for the new career option. This new career option is a far cry from the "math is hard" Barbie doll, and many people are excited for the change. Even Ken is getting a new career.
rootX
Physics news on Phys.org
hahaha I love that Environmentalist is a full time career.

I vote for Urban Cowgirl Barbie.

62140481_59be31bfa4.jpg

My second pick would be Tralier Park Barbie.

62barbie.jpg

BobG said:
My second pick would be Tralier Park Barbie.

Kids from three different daddies I see?

I was hoping for grumpy IT Support Barbie. Press the button on her back and she says, "Turn off CAPSLOCK and re-type your password, moron."

I ALREADY TRIED THAT ... nvm

Gamma Ray said:
Barbies new career is a Computer Engineer, wow.
See, now I need a daughter to give this doll to. Honestly, I want one myself. If anyone can explain my major, it's Barbie, and it's a long way away from the "math is hard" Barbie doll. I'm super psyched about this 'cause I got into comp sci in the first place 'cause of Barbie, grew up with them, and am finishing up computer engineering.

Not only is Barbie getting a new career, so is Ken.

Math Is Hard said:
I was hoping for grumpy IT Support Barbie. Press the button on her back and she says, "Turn off CAPSLOCK and re-type your password, moron."

omg...:rofl:

What can Barbie be?

Barbie can be anything you can imagine! She has had over 200 careers throughout her existence, ranging from astronaut to doctor to chef.

Can Barbie be a scientist?

Yes, Barbie has been a scientist in multiple iterations, including a computer engineer, paleontologist, and marine biologist. She encourages girls to pursue STEM fields and break gender stereotypes.

Can Barbie be a role model?

Absolutely! Barbie has been a role model for generations, inspiring girls to dream big and believe in themselves. She promotes confidence, creativity, and independence.

Can Barbie be diverse?

Yes, Barbie has evolved to be more diverse and inclusive. She now comes in different body types, skin tones, and hair textures, representing a wider range of girls and their unique identities.

Can Barbie be a symbol of empowerment?

Definitely! Barbie has been a symbol of empowerment since her creation in 1959. She has been a source of inspiration and motivation for girls to reach their full potential and break down barriers.