Intel Pay Grade Levels: Yrs Exp Range

• Thread starter Icehack
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Levels
In summary, the conversation revolves around the pay grade levels at Intel and the corresponding years of experience. The participants discuss the possibility of obtaining this information from the company's HR department, but also note that most companies do not openly share this information. They also mention the variability within a pay grade and the importance of knowing the average salary in negotiations. Finally, someone shares a link to a website that provides salary information for Intel employees.
Icehack
Do you know the corresponding years of experience range for Intel pay grade level 7, 8 , 9

Physics news on Phys.org
Can some one suggest a different sub -forum where I might get an answer on the

It's rather unlikley that anyone here might work for Intel and know this.

Even if they did, it would be unlikely that they would post that information. If I had that information I would simply refer you to HR. There's no internet stranger that's worth a career.

I dunno, I have seen similar posts with different companies

Have you tried contacting the company? If you're serious about finding a job there and have the credentials I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

if intel employee's conditions are as atrocious as people told me years ago they are probably too busy to even browse PF

Drakkith said:
Have you tried contacting the company? If you're serious about finding a job there and have the credentials I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

Because most companies don't want to tell people how much they are paying their employees. if they are planning to hire someone it is much better for them if the person they are hiring does NOT know how much he "should" be getting while they are negotiating.
I don't know what the system is in at Intel, but there is usually some variability even within a certain pay grade (especially when you add perks etc.)

I just finished negotiating a a new contract (albeit in the UK), and the fact that I knew what the average salary was in each pay grade did help a lot (which did not stop HR from trying to offer me a lower salary than I "should" have).

(btw. the reason I had access to salary statistics was because I was negotiating the terms for a permanent position, I've had various temporary contract with the same institute for years so I have legitimate access to all internal documents)

Definitely agree , I have some information. It would be good to know the typical years expeience that go along w/ the pay grades, I have accepted the offer in Folsom. I know pay grade levels are not talked about here. Base salary is very good , from what I gather my grade may be
low for my experience

Last edited:

What are Intel pay grade levels?

Intel pay grade levels are a system used by the company to determine the salary and compensation for employees. These levels are based on the job role, responsibilities, and experience.

How many pay grade levels are there at Intel?

At Intel, there are typically 12 pay grade levels, ranging from entry-level positions to senior leadership roles.

What do the letters in the pay grade levels at Intel stand for?

The letters in the Intel pay grade levels stand for specific job functions and responsibilities. For example, "Y" stands for "individual contributor" while "E" stands for "executive."

What is the years of experience range for each pay grade level at Intel?

The years of experience range for each pay grade level at Intel varies, but generally, the higher the pay grade level, the more experience is required. For example, a pay grade level of "Y0" may require 0-2 years of experience, while a pay grade level of "Y7" may require 7-10 years of experience.

Can an employee move up to a higher pay grade level at Intel?

Yes, employees can move up to a higher pay grade level at Intel through promotions or job changes that align with higher pay grade levels. This typically requires gaining more experience and developing new skills.