Hi,:rolleyes: How are you? I am again. I really wanna know afew

• Thread starter karim102
  • Start date
In summary, nanotechnology is a field of study that deals with controlling the behavior of matter on a molecular level. It has a long way to go before it is truly useful, but it is a fascinating field to explore. There are many products that use nanotechnology, and it is anticipated to play a major role in many future areas of technology.
karim102
Hi,:rolleyes:
How are you? I am again. I really want to know afew information about nanotechology. like what is it exaclty,? where are we going to use it,? any more information will be better. o:)

I appreciate it
Thanks a lot :wink:

Engineering news on Phys.org
I had to do a research paper a while back on nanotechnology especially nanofabrication methods. When it is in a mature state, the effects of it will be extremely far reaching. The idea that on the nanoscale you are talking about molecular dimensions. Feynman's talk about this in 1959 is a kind of a motto that drives the research:

"The principles of physics, as far as I can see, do not speak against the possibility of maneuvering things atom by atom."

Here are some pretty good starting points to look into:
http://www.e-drexler.com/
http://www.zyvex.com/nano/
http://www.foresight.org/resources/

People are talking about fabrication by building with atoms. It's pretty incredible to be thinking on this scale, IMO. It has a long way to go, but it is very interesting to see the feature sizes that are able to be manufactured today. Think about what it would mean to make a transitistor on a nano scale alone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanotechnology is an awfully broad term. Generally, it's a buzzword used to get research funding. Specifically, it can mean just about any science where there is control on the scale of small numbers of atoms. Sci-fi writers like to think of nanotechnology as tiny robots flying around, but the reality of it is much simpler. Mostly, it is controlling things on such a small scale that the new, unique, and often unexpected properties start to emerge. It's arguably one of the most abused and misunderstood terms in popular science.

We already have plenty of "nano" technology. Microchips, for example, are manufactured with dimensions of less than 100 nanometers with some features less than 5 nm. You can buy pants coated with very small nanoscale molecules that keep liquids from soaking and staining your Dockers. We're going to use "it" in just about every area of technology, so making a generic statement about it is a very tough thing to do.

Here are over 200 products that use nanotechnology is some shape or form:
http://www.nanotechproject.org/index.php?id=44&action=view

1. What is the purpose of using "Hi, How are you?"

The phrase "Hi, How are you?" is a common greeting used in everyday conversation to inquire about someone's well-being and show interest in their current state.

2. Is "Hi, How are you?" a formal or informal way of communication?

"Hi, How are you?" is considered an informal way of communication and is commonly used among friends, family, and acquaintances. In more formal settings, it is appropriate to use phrases like "Hello, how are you?" or "Greetings, how are you?"

3. Why do we often use "Hi, How are you?" as a conversation starter?

"Hi, How are you?" is a popular conversation starter because it is a simple and polite way to initiate a conversation. It also allows for a natural flow of conversation as the other person can respond with their current state or ask about yours.

4. Is it necessary to respond with "I am fine" when asked "Hi, How are you?"

While it is customary to respond with "I am fine" or something similar, it is not necessary. You can choose to respond with any truthful answer or even ask the other person how they are doing in return.

5. Are there any cultural differences in how "Hi, How are you?" is used?

Yes, there are cultural differences in the usage of "Hi, How are you?" For example, in some cultures, it is considered impolite to ask about someone's well-being unless you know them well. In other cultures, it is customary to ask about the well-being of someone's family along with their own.