QCD Feynman Rules: Gluon-Gluon OPI GF

• Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
In summary: Ok, so you're good then? I'm happy to say something about the integral if you still need help.Thx for the help offer, but i could manage on my own. As a bonus, i could actually rigorously prove the first formula of that appendix:\int \frac{d^{2\omega}k}{(2\pi)^{2\omega}} \left(k^2 \right)^{-n} \left[(k+p)^2 \right]^{-m} =\frac{i (-)^{n+m}}{(4\pi)^{\omega}} \frac{\Gamma (\omega-n-m
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Basically it's the diagram attached below. If one uses the Feynman rules for QCD, he gets the expression

[tex] \begin{array}{c} \left(\tilde{\Gamma}^{(2)}_{2,\mu\nu}\right)\left(p,-p\right)

= \frac{1}{2}\hat{g}^{2}M^{\varepsilon }f^{d}{}_{ac}f^{c}{}_{bd}\int \frac{d^{2\omega }q}{(2\pi)^{2\omega }}\left( \frac{-g^{\lambda \rho }q^{2}+\eta q^{\lambda }q^{\rho }}{\left( q^{2}+i\epsilon \right) ^{2}}\right) \left( \frac{-g^{\sigma \tau }\left( p+q\right) ^{2}+\eta \left( p+q\right) ^{\sigma }\left( p+q\right) ^{\tau }}{\left[ \left( p+q\right) ^{2}+i\epsilon \right] ^{2}}\right) \\

\times \left[ \left( q-p\right) _{\sigma }g_{\rho \mu }-\left( p+2q\right) _{\mu }g_{\sigma \rho }+\left( 2p+q\right) _{\rho }g_{\mu \sigma }\right] \left[ \left( 2p+q\right) _{\lambda }g_{\tau \nu }-\left( p+2q\right) _{\nu }g_{\lambda \tau }+\left( q-p\right) _{\tau }g_{\nu \lambda }\right] \end{array}

[/tex].

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
My question involves solving that integral.

[itex] \eta=1-\xi [/itex]

and usually QFT books deal only with the Feynman gauge in which [itex] \eta =0 [/itex].

I'm interested only in the [itex] \eta [/itex] dependent part (funny, right ?) in which, after doing all the possible contractions and multiplications (using that D=dim.space-time= 2 \omega), i got 18 terms leading me to 18 Feynman integrals.

An example of an integral that is over my head is

[tex] \frac{1}{2}\hat{g}^{2}M^{\varepsilon }f^{d}{}_{ac}f^{c}{}_{bd}\eta $\int \frac{d^{2\omega }q}{\left( 2\pi \right) ^{2\omega }} \left(\frac{\left( p+2q\right) _{\mu }\left( p+q\right) _{\nu }\left( q^{2}-p^{2}\right) q^{2}}{\left( q^{2}+i\epsilon \right) ^{2}\left[ \left( p+q\right) ^{2}+i\epsilon \right] ^{2}}\right) [/tex]

So can anyone help...?

Daniel.

Last edited:
Well, the good news is that i finally bumped into Bailin & Love's book which have an interesting table of Feynman integrals, which can be used especially for QCD.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Well, the good news is that i finally bumped into Bailin & Love's book which have an interesting table of Feynman integrals, which can be used especially for QCD.

Daniel.

Ok, so you're good then? I'm happy to say something about the integral if you still need help.

Thx for the help offer, but i could manage on my own. As a bonus, i could actually rigorously prove the first formula of that appendix:

[tex] \int \frac{d^{2\omega}k}{(2\pi)^{2\omega}} \left(k^2 \right)^{-n} \left[(k+p)^2 \right]^{-m} =\frac{i (-)^{n+m}}{(4\pi)^{\omega}} \frac{\Gamma (\omega-n-m) B(\omega-n, \omega-m)}{\Gamma (n)\Gamma (m)} \left(-p^2\right)^{\omega-n-m} [/tex]

Daniel.

1. What is QCD Feynman Rules?

QCD Feynman Rules are a set of mathematical rules used to calculate the interactions between particles in Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD), which is the theory of the strong nuclear force.

2. What are Gluon-Gluon OPI GF in QCD Feynman Rules?

Gluon-Gluon OPI GF refers to the interaction between gluon particles in QCD. Gluons are the particles that carry the strong force and the OPI GF stands for "off-shell production in gluon fusion", which is one of the possible interactions between gluons.

3. How do the QCD Feynman Rules work?

The QCD Feynman Rules use diagrams called Feynman diagrams to represent the interactions between particles. These diagrams help to calculate the probability of different interactions occurring based on the mathematical rules of QCD.

4. What is the significance of the Gluon-Gluon OPI GF in QCD Feynman Rules?

The Gluon-Gluon OPI GF is an important interaction in QCD as it describes the production of gluons through the collision of other particles. This interaction plays a crucial role in the dynamics of the strong nuclear force and is important in understanding processes such as particle scattering and hadronization.

5. How are QCD Feynman Rules used in scientific research?

QCD Feynman Rules are used by scientists in theoretical calculations to predict the outcomes of experiments involving the strong force. They are also used in the analysis of data from particle colliders, such as the Large Hadron Collider, to test the predictions of QCD and further our understanding of the fundamental particles and forces in the universe.